+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ut-Of-Business... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Article: Google's Nexus One Store Going Out Of Business

Advertisement

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If I don't want to be tied to a contract, I will pay full price.....but I am a hands-on kind of girl. I always make numerous trips to the retail store to play with the device before I buy it.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Definitely like to put hands on a phone before buying it, have bought phones online before without trying them and paid for that mistake later

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm honestly bummed about this one. It was a first, and could have had an important impact on the carriers.
    If it had worked we as consumers would have been in a much better position when it comes to choosing a carrier.

Looks like either the phone was not good enough or maybe it's still to early for this type of sales options. Maybe even a little bit of both.

Carriers would have been put on notice if this (sales) would have taken off.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    That is sad, as for me I could go for either, I really don't have to actually feel the phone in order to buy, but at the same time when I get it and it doesn't feel right it goes back. They would have survived a little longer if they had demos at the various carrier stores though.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    When I purchased my Nexus 1 it was a leap of faith, but the risk is worth the reward. Unlocked, and I'm confident that we will see upgrades before anyone else. Lets not forget that the nexus 1 is a great device.... its just a damn shame most wont ever get to play with one.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    it didn't work because the Nexus One didn't come out supporting all carriers. how are you gonna sell an open phone when it only fully supported one carrier? i knew it would fail from the start.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm surprised at this one......I mean I know they aren't setting records with sales but having an easy place for people who want a nexus without contract to go and just order one is pretty nice. Oh well. I still wanna try one out.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The posts made me think of another possible reason. Could it be in part b/c of newer devices? Incredible, Evo etc.

The Nexus One is an awesome phone. I'm still bummed.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Google didn't allow TMO family plan customers to upgrade at the subsidized price and it was probably hard for people to order it at full price without being able to physically look at it, plus they were charging restocking fees for returns and their own ETF on top of TMO's. I also believe that the new Incredible and EVO did have something to do with it as well.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    im really not surprised this happen but i am surprised it took them this long... i think they should have allowed customers to feel and play around with the phone in corporate stores. A lot of people were hesitant to purchase the device because of the restocking fees- i know i would. Im more of a touchy guy lol
    im just sad i was never able to play with one!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Got to agree Steve that this had some great potential to change things with carriers. We're so used to paying subsidized prices and accepting long contracts in return here in the US that I was hoping this would bring us more in line with the European market. Typically you pay for the cost of the device, but without the need for contracts. Take the device anywhere and do whatever. That idea makes carriers wish they were all wearing brown pants here.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am not overly surprised. I wouldn't spend that much money without seeing the product first. They should at least have had a sample at the TMO stores. Having to pay restocking fees if I didn't like it would also annoy me.

It looked like a good device, but looks are not enough

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was disappointed as a T-Mobile business customer that I couldn't order one and have it billed to our account. I ended up with the MT3G instead. If I could have bought a subsidized Nexus One I would have done that. I think if they would have allowed both online unlocked phones AND normal subsidized purchases direct from T-Mo it would have been better for customers.

+ Reply to Thread