+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...one-to-Android... Smartphone News forum

Article: Google's Eric Schmidt gives you the how-to for switching from iPho

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Step 1: Install AntiVirus

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    What is hypocritical is the fact that the high and mighty Schmidt wrote this? I doubt it.
    Some staff member had the job to do and use his name to advertise Droid on G+.
    Schmidt "prolly" doesn't even know how to switch the damn thing ON. After reading his own post, he "prolly" gave his Nexus 5 back to the staff writer to set his phone up.
    Just sayin'...

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    This isn't the full story and I don't know if Schmit wrote it or not. The full story has comments that sound like him. Like, promoting the high end Androids and saying 80% market share in the same sentence. I agree with another poster on another forum. Schmit missed a big opportunity here , he could have said that in the $400+ off contract price, Apple owns 0% market share. Lol

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Heck BP41, we know you're Apple fixated . You don't need to rub it him bro, Crikey Moses...
    Schmitty has nothing on you!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    So this is an article about an article?

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Heck BP41, we know you're Apple fixated . You don't need to rub it him bro, Crikey Moses...
    Schmitty has nothing on you!
    I've chosen my system. It's much more about the system than one device. If I'm honest, I'd probably have an Android device if it was my ONLY device. As it stands, I haven't found anything that matches Apple's system. There isn't any structure to Android. Only individuality.

To be fair, Schmit has a few more dollars than I have.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^That's true enough. I admit that iOs with OSX work fine. So does Google and Android. There's faults with both of them though. I enjoy iOS but hate the closed environment. I love Android too and, woud you believe it, hate its diversity. WP is an option, although I don't like its limited functions. BB is out of the ball game now, but I also didn't like it closed platform style as well. So where do we all stand? Heck, we´re like dogs trying to wee against two tree branches...it's a bitch.
    Maybe we should invent an OS of our own.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    It's the closed environment that makes iOS flourish. Here's why, Developers. No, I'm not talking about those nerds over at XDA that have nothing better to do than "cook" a new ROM. I'm talking about real developers. The people that make the apps that are used in the field of medicine. The ones that are deployed on a massive scale through out Fortune 500 companies. All the way down to the special apps that are used by small groups, like those that help get healthcare to the far reaches of Africa, those that help Autistic kids communicate, the ones that allow people to do things that wouldn't be possible without iOS.

You simply can not have that with Android. When people talk of fragmentation, this is why it's a problem. Like I said, there's no system, just individual devices. There's no guarantee that if you're someone that deploys on wide scale or small scale, especially in tablets. That you're goon to revive support for more than a year, if that long. This is where iOS wins. And yet, Google in all it's nerds still haven't figured it out. Samsung has though, this is why they're trying to get away from Android and have developers developing just for them.

There's also much more to the ecosystem than just a phone and computer. My iPad, AppleTV, AirPort routers. It all as they say, just works. As I said a before, if you only have one device, I'd probably have an android right now, but I don't, I have many that works together, and that's just something that isn't rivaled by anyone. In fact, I don't think anyone else is in the game yet.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You made your point. I agree with the iOS paradigm, which IT IS ONE in fact. Tizen is Sammys attempt at the same thing, although its late to the vision. Microsoft is also more active in this. I subscribe to and am member of Médecins Sans Frontičres (MSF) International. MS prevails. But iOS is gaining ground.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I need to spend a few weeks with a WM device.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    WP is not your style B. I guarantee you that. There are things on WP that are great. Office, Exchange Sync, Evernote, IM+ are principal productivity apps that are unequaled and that's the main reason why I'm using it. Secondly, all the other main apps, YouTube (social essentially) aren't as good as iOS. For sure there's a lot of devs working on all sorts of apps and the quality is improving daily, but it ain't iOS. Not yet.
    Of course, the quality of Nokia (for the time being) is unequalled. The hardware is there, LTE is permanent, camera is fabulous, sound, screen, it just works.
    But it's not your style.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP41 View Post
    It's the closed environment that makes iOS flourish. Here's why, Developers. No, I'm not talking about those nerds over at XDA that have nothing better to do than "cook" a new ROM. I'm talking about real developers. The people that make the apps that are used in the field of medicine. The ones that are deployed on a massive scale through out Fortune 500 companies. All the way down to the special apps that are used by small groups, like those that help get healthcare to the far reaches of Africa, those that help Autistic kids communicate, the ones that allow people to do things that wouldn't be possible without iOS.

You simply can not have that with Android. When people talk of fragmentation, this is why it's a problem. Like I said, there's no system, just individual devices. There's no guarantee that if you're someone that deploys on wide scale or small scale, especially in tablets. That you're goon to revive support for more than a year, if that long. This is where iOS wins. And yet, Google in all it's nerds still haven't figured it out. Samsung has though, this is why they're trying to get away from Android and have developers developing just for them.

There's also much more to the ecosystem than just a phone and computer. My iPad, AppleTV, AirPort routers. It all as they say, just works. As I said a before, if you only have one device, I'd probably have an android right now, but I don't, I have many that works together, and that's just something that isn't rivaled by anyone. In fact, I don't think anyone else is in the game yet.

A beautiful Apple colored fairytale as usual BP41. Now for a little reality...

First, Samsung isn't running anywhere... except to make the next Android device. Which is where their bread is buttered. They're hard at work on the GS5, Note 4 etc, right now! Lmao! Sure Samsung may have dreams becoming Apple and releasing a closed, dumbed down OS with gimmicky features and have people love it blindly. But any attempts will fail miserably. Why? Because its not Android. You know, THE dominant mobile OS that killed blackberry and just about every other competing OS on the market. The elephant(Android) is in the room and there's no space for anyone else right now.lol iOS and windows can fight over what's left.

Next, it's oh no! "Fragmentation!" The same sky is falling, gloomy deathblow for Android, rhetoric! Sorry, but only you guys care about that man. And trust me, you're going to love fragmentation once Apple tells you it's good for you. See, they're headed that direction themselves with rumors of different screen sizes for iPhones, and actually giving you guys some sort of, gasp!, choice. You can call that the Android effect!

Lastly, I appreciate the passion you have for your tech of choice! Its what makes Pinstack great!

Del, I'm currently using Nexus 5. Finding it hard not to call it perfect. You just can't find this level of performance anywhere. I mean all the flagships are fast. But this level of speed and consistency is a first for android. Other than the slow camera software, its solid in all areas. You must try it.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    My S4 has more gimmicky features than I would like to admit to.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    A beautiful Apple colored fairytale as usual BP41. Now for a little reality...
    No fairytale here, it's what I use everyday

First, Samsung isn't running anywhere... except to make the next Android device. Which is where their bread is buttered. They're hard at work on the GS5, Note 4 etc, right now! Lmao! Sure Samsung may have dreams becoming Apple and releasing a closed, dumbed down OS with gimmicky features and have people love it blindly. But any attempts will fail miserably. Why? Because its not Android. You know, THE dominant mobile OS that killed blackberry and just about every other competing OS on the market. The elephant(Android) is in the room and there's no space for anyone else right now.lol iOS and windows can fight over what's left.
    The dominate OS in market share of an entire OS. Lets look at what matters. Profits. There's ONLY TWO players in the game. So lets take this non sense of market share out of the equation because it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. To say it does is foolish. If you want to group all the $50-$100 off contract phones together and call it a market share advantage, by all means do.

Next, it's oh no! "Fragmentation!" The same sky is falling, gloomy deathblow for Android, rhetoric! Sorry, but only you guys care about that man. And trust me, you're going to love fragmentation once Apple tells you it's good for you. See, they're headed that direction themselves with rumors of different screen sizes for iPhones, and actually giving you guys some sort of, gasp!, choice. You can call that the Android effect!
    LOL, I think you're much more intelligent than to believe that the ONLY problem with fragmentation is due to screen size. It's much more to do with year old devices not running the latest OS. It's always been that way. Screen size hasn't really been a huge issue since 2.0. Apps scale themselves. Lets say your a school or a hospital, or a small company that needs to deploy certain apps from different developers in your field. What are you going to choose? Certainly not Android, there's no way you can be 100% sure that updates and bug fixes are going to be deliver for your device. In fact, in a year, you may HAVE to upgrade just to keep up. That's a broad statement sure,but it hit's at the core of why Android tablets(form anyone) haven't seen major involvement form developers, businesses or consumers. I also talk about how it's much more of a complete system now than in 2007. This is why I say Samsung are trying to be more Apple like if you will and compete in a market that no one else is other than Apple. Again, Android is individual, iOS and OSX are part of a system. It's much bigger than just one phone or one tablet or who controls how much market share of each.
    Lastly, I appreciate the passion you have for your tech of choice! Its what makes Pinstack great!

Del, I'm currently using Nexus 5. Finding it hard not to call it perfect. You just can't find this level of performance anywhere. I mean all the flagships are fast. But this level of speed and consistency is a first for android. Other than the slow camera software, its solid in all areas. You must try it.
    I have and always will appreciate your comments. We have agreed and disagreed in the past and will do so in the future.

I would enjoy a review from you on the Nexus5, if you have the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast