+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

RIM is not an "underdog" they're a has-been.... Smartphone News forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

RIM is not an "underdog" they're a has-been.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    We're Google bashing who is this RIM person

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's surprising how a has-been can come back, do you remember Apple being close to bankruptcy look at them now! All that's need is a good idea, the start of Apple's come back was the IPod and ITunes, Steve Jobs took the Sony Walkman and made it better while everyone else was trying to stay with cassettes.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I do seem to be one of the few still using Outlook, corporate e-mail not migrating to GMail, keeping my address book private, liking security and not caring about being able to talk to my phone, I have people I can discuss things with
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Don't forget me
    +2
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    It's surprising how a has-been can come back, do you remember Apple being close to bankruptcy look at them now! All that's need is a good idea, the start of Apple's come back was the IPod and ITunes, Steve Jobs took the Sony Walkman and made it better while everyone else was trying to stay with cassettes.
    What new product could RIM develop? You're right about Apple and the iPod/iTunes store.

RIM only does phones/tablets. Other competitors do computer HW and or SW, TVs, home appliances, etc. What company that is successful only does phones?

It seems like the phone-only companies are the ones that are failing: RIM, Nokia, Motorola (had to be bought out by Google--would have been a failure otherwise).
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ They are also getting into the car market with automation and control (QNX at least) then there is the enterprise software. I refuse to write them off as dead, I may be wrong in my life I have been wrong a lot, but I have occasionally been right

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Google´s Destruction Underway?

Ok, next time round I'll change the title to:
    RIM´s Destruction Underway?

That way we may start to talk Google, android, defragmentation, ICS, Kindle Fire, Amazon...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ LOL Well looking back through the posts it seems there are more people that believe RIM will die and have similar beliefs (albeit not so obnoxious as BGR). I wonder where the 72 million BB users are? Surely some of them can help me out here?? Or are they the silent minority
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    This is exactly why I hate oil merchants. They have the money to crash markets and rise wars....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr!
    Not exactly an oil merchant, that would be someone that trades in it and makes money by never owning just buying low and selling high. I actually go out there and find it, now if you check back on some of my other posts I go into detail what we would not have if it were not for oil, one of which is the phone you are currently using. One day in the future we will invent products that do not rely on oil and you will be able to get goods/food to market without it, but till then without the stuff life would not be half as easy for us all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12