+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ery-complaints... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google responds to Google Now for iOS battery complaints

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Here's a tip android users have been doing for awhile. If it drains battery, don't use it.

Problem solved.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Here's a tip android users have been doing for awhile. If it drains battery, don't use it.

Problem solved.
    Seems silly to just overlook a problem. If it was from a independent developer , then maybe i could see it. But from Google, it shouldn't be overlooked. They will refine it I'm sure. Wasn't there a setting that you had to turn off? I thought Del posted an article about this already.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah, just go into Settings, Privacy, Location Services and switch off Google. Just switch it back on, if you need it. But seriously, the battery drain problem is a little exagerated I think.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Yeah, just go into Settings, Privacy, Location Services and switch off Google. Just switch it back on, if you need it. But seriously, the battery drain problem is a little exagerated I think.
    What is Google Now anyway?

Siri with ESP

If you go and play with the S4, just tap the home button (or maybe its long press menu).

If they have it set up you can play with it a bit. Depends on which cards you have enabled but it will give you weather, next appointment, tracking info if you've ordered something, traffic info for drive home, all without asking most of time.

Does voice search, will play music, will set calendar, voice dictate and send texts and the like.

Sorry about triple post, editing issues

List of cards
    https://support.google.com/websearch...210020410&rd=1

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hmmmmmm.....don't buy a phone that you can't change the battery?

Galaxy S3 with http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php...tended-battery
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Hmmmmmm.....don't buy a phone that you can't change the battery?

Galaxy S3 with http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php...tended-battery
    If you like carriying around a brick. I guess that'd be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    If you like carriying around a brick. I guess that'd be ok.
    Sure beats the alternative! Heavy and useful, not heavy and not useful....hmmmmm
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Sure beats the alternative! Heavy and useful, not heavy and not useful....hmmmmm
    This is taking away from the point. It's better to report an issue and work on a solution. Than to think it has no flaws, and not move forward. Besides, as I'm sure you know. You can buy battery packs for the iPhone.(Mophie,etc..). So the extra battery is a moot point.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    If you go and play with the S4, just tap the home button (or maybe its long press menu).

If they have it set up you can play with it a bit. Depends on which cards you have enabled but it will give you weather, next appointment, tracking info if you've ordered something, traffic info for drive home, all without asking most of time.

Does voice search, will play music, will set calendar, voice dictate and send texts and the like.
    Cool, I will try it. Haven't had a chance today. Thanks.

The complaint was battery life! Let's drop the battery stuff and back to the original complaint.
    With Google/Android apps don't act the way Android users want, there's a massive amount of hackers/ROM dev's that usually fix it before Google/Android does because it's open source. I believe Apple is so locked down with their apps and the apps that they "allow" on their products. I would assume that since they have mostly full control over every aspect of the apps and products, that they surely must have fully tested Google Now, before they allowed it.....
    Apple must not of done that, just like they did when they got rid of Google maps......
    (Just a thought)

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    The complaint was battery life! Let's drop the battery stuff and back to the original complaint.
    With Google/Android apps don't act the way Android users want, there's a massive amount of hackers/ROM dev's that usually fix it before Google/Android does because it's open source. I believe Apple is so locked down with their apps and the apps that they "allow" on their products. I would assume that since they have mostly full control over every aspect of the apps and products, that they surely must have fully tested Google Now, before they allowed it.....
    Apple must not of done that, just like they did when they got rid of Google maps......
    (Just a thought)
    Im not sure how Apple is responsible for any apps code. If it meets the guidelines and rules. It gets published. It's the developers responsibility to ensure a quality app. There are plenty of sh!t apps in the AppStore that are written poorly causing battery drain. That's up too the developers and I'm sure google will address any issue from users of the app with an update. They always do. They won't thumb their nose at iOS. It too big a piece of their business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast