+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capdot

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...protection-law... Smartphone News forum

Article: Google Maps for iOS may violate European data protection law

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I love the way that Europe really does look after ones privacy. USA (which is by all intents and purposes the most free country in the world with it's freedom of speech and many other amendments in the constitution) should learn from things like this as far as tracking the individual. While some may argue that companies should be free to track you, one should also put forward the counter argument that the individual should not be tracked. Of course the option is there to say no to the terms and conditions, but then you can't use the App, and of course the majority of people never bother to read the terms and conditions anyway.

Will this really affect the average person, probably not other than suddenly getting adverts from the company you just walked by pop up on your phone, which some may like, I most definitely do not want. So what is the alternative? There were these two things that I used to use back in the 60's, 70's and 80's which I used to love and rely on big time, it was called a compass and a map, it used be fun opening a map and planning out your route ahead of time, looking at interesting places that maybe I could detour through, and working out how long the journey would take factoring in average speeds, traffic and detours into the equation. Maybe I will go back to this method, eventually I will end up dropping my multi-talented phone altogether and go back to a normal cellphone, where I can communicate by talking

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hear, hear. There´s no adventure anymore. Everything has to be planned to the last T. The best holidays I ever had, when I was single and then married with kids, were the ones I simply picked up the bags and set off.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Buy and iphone and use their maps app.

It takes a real man to plow through buildings and to cross rivers In his car. Only a sissy would rely on Google maps to get him anywhere. Pffft. Where's the adventure in Google maps if it's so accurate?
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ !
    The man has a point!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybe this would take us back to the exciting holidays, put in one destination and arrive somewhere completely different

+ Reply to Thread