+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By srl7741
  • 1 Post By catstide
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By Capdot

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...t-Be-So-Stupid... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google Is Run By Geniuses. So How Could It Be So Stupid?

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't use Google or Google products out of fear of this and it's been this way for a few years now. I'm not upset at all but If i were a person who loves Google or uses Google daily I would be outraged. Going forward I hope people really begin to think more about this kind of thing.

Companies should be held accountable and our information should be golden to them not simply $ (dollar signs) and a method of making money.

I've had a Google account since it started but rarely use/check it. I've always been more interested in watching where it goes and what happens.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I've been a heavy Google user since Gmail was launched. So far,I haven't hit the "outraged" point. I know all this is wrong and underhanded but in the real world how is it really hurting me?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't have a good answer to how it would hurt anyone in the real world. I'm not sure that would be a concern I have either. It's more about the manipulation in order to profit. Profit is from "me" and I did not approve of it nor do I get any money from it.

You/we are the product that Google sells. Some are ok with it, some aren't and even more don't think of it that way at all.
    catstide likes this.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    I guess they way I look at it is that I use Gmail,Chrome,Picasa,YouTube,Google maps and Google search and all of them are free. I know nothing in this world is totally free so I just see it as a way for them making money for the services that they provide to me for free.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Maybe I'm just way off base on this.I looked at the other article again and realized that they were hacking into safari for their own gains.I can see the outrage of Apple.I'm not sure how all this advertising pie is divided. Using safari browser with goole search....more than I really want to think about.
    srl7741 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Why did Google do this? I get the answer to make money off me or the user even after I have disabled or said "no" in the settings.
    That is the part I do not agree with. To be fare tho G is not the only company to do things like this. No matter what the company name is it should not happen.

Eyes.........wide..........open so's not to fall down and go booboo

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    In the end it just revolves around OUR choice, and accepting or not accepting the concept as it further intrudes in everything we do. Drastically, it's either a YES or NO situation. Our choice, our responsibility, ultimately. As much as Steve is redundantly NO, I'm like Cats here. Free is Merry. I use them all too. Until the day I really feel threatened... and then what do I do ? I have a easy answer: Fall, again, into the belly of another. Crap, they all the same. No free lunches...
    srl7741 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I openly admit my paranoid schizophrenia comes from 25 years in the same career It's only good 4 me. Others would not like it. Del is right.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    One day, not too far from now, it might be common to hear: Anything you type, click, or open will be and can be used against you.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by papareyenc View Post
    One day, not too far from now, it might be common to hear: Anything you type, click, or open will be and can be used against you.
    That already is very common; they (whoever "they" are) just don't tell us about it that bluntly.

As for the Google thing... I tend to agree with Cat about it. I use Gmail and other Google services for free. I don't have a problem with it if they push adds to me so that they can continue to offer those services to me for free. I would rather that than to suddenly have to start paying for something that I have come to rely on (like Gmail).

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd love to type a big long opinion but I'm tired and gotta work early. Ill just say I agree with Cat and Terri. More than that but....pooped. besides official ICS leaked today. So tired I'm not even messing with that.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Comes as no surprise. I think with Android everyone forgets how Google makes money.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's not that big a deal.....I am concerned about a virus, Trojans, key stroke loggers, password hackers, etc. not someone who looks at my destinations......what "they" are doing won't influence my destination choices.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Google needs to put a disclaimer on all their free Services; "By using our free service you will have to relinquish personal browsing data and let us take a peak at your wife undressing"
    BHP77 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread