+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...res-to-iOS-App... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google to Bring Several Features to iOS App

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Yea. No thanks. I've pretty much gotten away from the whole Google thing. I don't have one thing Google on my iPhone. I ditched Gmail for Outlook as it provides the same device I need to pull my exchange mail. It also works better than Gmail seeing as it's Microsoft to Microsoft. Much faster.

The last thing I want is Google Now collecting all my conversations. Yea, be wary of the NSA. But Google is you're friend.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Yea. No thanks. I've pretty much gotten away from the whole Google thing. I don't have one thing Google on my iPhone. I ditched Gmail for Outlook as it provides the same device I need to pull my exchange mail. It also works better than Gmail seeing as it's Microsoft to Microsoft. Much faster.

The last thing I want is Google Now collecting all my conversations. Yea, be wary of the NSA. But Google is you're friend.
    I tend to agree but my hooks are pretty deep into Google. Wish I were man enough to ditch it like you.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I used Gmail to pull my work email in from the exchange servers. But you can't sync contacts and calendars on Outlook(MAC or PC) without jumping through hoops. It's a royal PITA. Web versions would be fine if Google Calendar didn't suck so bad. I prefer Outlook on the desktop for it's productivity and now that I've switched to an Outlook.com address, everything is in sync. GMail is a great service with crap execution IMO.A lot of the features are redundant and to be honest it takes a lot of time to get it set up properly without Gmail putting something in a place it doesn't need to be. GMail is trying to be the desktop Outlook on the web. But they have a long way to go.

Other Google services - Docs- not worth the hassle when Numbers is ten times better and is now in the cloud, and Excel is still the cream of the crop when you need heavy spreadsheet work. GDrive- god no, I haven't used it in 4 months and I never really did. Just tried to keep up with it's progress(if you can call it that). Dropbox probably the best solution for the masses that need a cloud documents folder. Box, is by far and away the best solution for business. Picassa use to be cool in 2008 but there are much better solutions to it. Chrome, well I think that's their best product. I use it from time to time on my Mac but Safari is my default. Search, well, Google has a good strangle hold on it. I do think that Bing and Yahoo have made great strides in the recent months and both are good enough to replace Google if you wanted.

Just my opinion. Google's products vs the others always seem half done. Like they are tight there at making a decent service then stop. I guess that's when the Ad guys come in and take over.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    On your iPhone or Droid try CloudOn and let us know.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    On your iPhone or Droid try CloudOn and let us know.
    Tried when it first came out. OK, buggy(I'm sure it's gotten better). I'll download it again and see.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    My 64GB sd card isn't buggy at all...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

+ Reply to Thread