+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...E-with-Nexus-4... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Google backpedals on LTE with Nexus 4

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    It is a cop out. So is 8 gigs storage. I couldn't swap, but if I could I see the GNex as a better option in a practical sense.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Definitely a terrible move by Google. That's hard to imagine considering their great track record. Its disappointing. I'm still going to buy it but this just hurts. I also have a feeling they may release an lte version in a few months so I'll get burned. The excuse irritates me as well. "The technology isn't quite there yet". What? That's ridiculous! We're Android users, not to be confused with Apple fans who believe everything they're told by Apple, and that excuse won't fly with us. Keep it real and say you did it to cut cost period. Then offer a more expensive lte version as well, and let us choose. This is stumble right here Google.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    After the Nexus name was successfully linked to HTC and then even more favorably to Samsung, allowing or even permitting LG into its fold with such an inferior product is not a cop out. It's an absolute sellout. It's a sellout of Google's ideas and strife for better products, it's a economical and financial compromise. It's the destruction of a brand name.
    It's unforgivable.
    I for one will never buy a LG product. Never. I consider it bad. Huawei has managed to surpass LG in quality. And that says a lot.
    Ultimately Google is to blame of course. I never thought Google would associate the Nexus name with a cheap manufacturer.
    But they did. Google will pay dearly for this.
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-30-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Definitely a terrible move by Google. That's hard to imagine considering their great track record. Its disappointing. I'm still going to buy it but this just hurts. I also have a feeling they may release an lte version in a few months so I'll get burned. The excuse irritates me as well. "The technology isn't quite there yet". What? That's ridiculous! We're Android users, not to be confused with Apple fans who believe everything they're told by Apple, and that excuse won't fly with us. Keep it real and say you did it to cut cost period. Then offer a more expensive lte version as well, and let us choose. This is stumble right here Google.
    Lol..

"this sucks but I'm buying it anyway"

Apple fanboy or android fanboy, can't really tell the difference.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    We´re all the same. Smartphone struck!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Lol..

"this sucks but I'm buying it anyway"

Apple fanboy or android fanboy, can't really tell the difference.

That's hilarious!

Well there's a huge difference between an Apple fanboy and myself. Its may seem like I'm all Android or nothing, but that's actually not true. I call bs when I see it as I do with any other OS. Android is no exception. No LTE on this beast does suck! You see Cap, I have no brand loyalty, I just want the best! I use Android because its the best. Nothing more, nothing less. The moment that changes, which won't happen anytime soon, I'll drop Android immediately.

Google's excuse sounds a little Apple-ish to me is all. And only Apple fans would buy, even defend, such a lame excuse. There's the difference.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Duuuude...

If you want the best, you should get an iphone from cricket, root it and put Blackberry OS 10 on it.
    Game over.

+ Reply to Thread