+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...three)-Specs-!... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,737

    Article: Galaxy S III (yes, three) Specs?!?

    Advertisement




  2. #2
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Unreal ! The specs astound. As well as the screen res. If this proves to be true it's gonna be a whopper !
    Yes, 2012 is looking promising already !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Yawn.... Another android from Samsung. I'm more interested in google locking down android to really start competing with apple. Let the rest have the scraps.

  4. #4
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    But then again BHP, you wouldn't mind these 'scraps' in your new and soon to be acquired iPhone 5, would you? How long you'll have wait for that to happen?
    Knowing you, you'll just go and get it anyway.
    Scraps are usually made tasty. Makes you hungry for more.
    jfcooley likes this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Specs have never been the tell all when using a smartphone. There nice and all to look at on paper, but it's how the system performs that matters. This is where apple does a good job and the closed system it uses benefits the end consumer.

    You have to remember that only 10% of iPhone users jailbreak. I'd say even less percentage of android users Root. What this all means is that the stock system it comes with is what most users see and make opinions about. But but but... You can do this on iOS when you jailbreak, or you can do this on android once you root. It all really doesn't matter. The product that you put on a shelf is what 9/10 consumers use.

    That's why I would like to see Google start to take a more Apple like approch to Android. If they did this and focused on the end user experience Apple would need to completely revamp their software. As it stands they don't need to. If you use one stock to stock iOS is much nicer,smoother, and easier to use. On top of Apple does marketing like no other.

    What I meant by "scraps" was letting Samsung have the old android or WM7/8. The problem is Google won't, reason, they sell advertising. Not phones or software.

  6. #6
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    Yeppers. Taking choice away is always a good thing. Locking down things and preventing users from having any other expirience other than what you intend is always best.

    Actung! Hail Apple. Thank God they think for us!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yeppers. Taking choice away is always a good thing. Locking down things and preventing users from having any other expirience other than what you intend is always best.

    Actung! Hail Apple. Thank God they think for us!
    Do you have trouble reading? Your post are seriously absurd at times.

    It's not about taking choice away. If I want to jailbreak my iPhone I can. If I want to root my droid, I can. Read the post, again.

    You rooting your droid in search for the perfect ROM or the perfect setup is one thing. 90% , yes 90% of the consumers that own smartphones use them as they come, out of the box. If you know this as a company would you want to make that experience the best it could be?

  8. #8
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    And you are implying that those 90% are receiving a sub par experience because they use a stock setup.

    Rooting is not required to change or setup an android to ones liking, unlike the iPhone. There are launchers (free and PAID) that allow customozation with little or no hit to performance. As for performance, why do you assume everyone has lag, poor scrolls etc? Because you have? My Evo had no issues as far as performance out of the box. Even with issues in quality, the iPhone has its own. Defects in workmanship are a fact of life in everything. Your precious iPhone isn't the holy Grail of devices.

    And BHP, what's absurd is your constant bashing (although veiled, its still fanboyism) of Android, and constantly calling me out as a hater. If you have the pulpit, you should be prepared to share it. At best you come off as a appreciating over zealous fanboy, art worst a blind Apple shill.

    Yeah, there you go. I can respect opinions, and appreciate humor (insert chokem comment here), but I am sick of thinly disguised slamming. Stating you've owned an Android doesn't disqualify the sentiment that you exhibit.

    I simply am sick of it, and you win. No drama no flamefest to follow. Just a simple "See ya Stackers. Been Great"

  9. #9
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    After all that, I'm gonna get a BB. Or a Symbian. WM7, that's it.
    Will you buds lighten up? Nothing is lost here. Everyone to his own.
    I got a headache.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    And you are implying that those 90% are receiving a sub par experience because they use a stock setup.
    No, again, read the post and take it for what it is. Where did I say that?? You read too much into things. I'll say it again, 90% of users use the device as it comes and base their opinions on this. That's a FACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Rooting is not required to change or setup an android to ones liking, unlike the iPhone. There are launchers (free and PAID) that allow customozation with little or no hit to performance. As for performance, why do you assume everyone has lag, poor scrolls etc? Because you have?
    It's a fact that Android has performance issues on the earlier models(this is talking about devices only a year old) It's not due to the hardware not being there it's due to the software. That's a FACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    My Evo had no issues as far as performance out of the box.
    Don't fool yourself, 4 hour battery life IS A ISSUE. The EVO had a lot of things going for it but the software at the time, 2.2 i believe had major issues. Was this a hardware issue, NO, NO IT WASN'T.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Even with issues in quality, the iPhone has its own. Defects in workmanship are a fact of life in everything. Your precious iPhone isn't the holy Grail of devices.
    Of course they do, why wouldn't they when you producing as many as Apple,HTC,and Samsung do? I never said that it was the "HOLY GRAIL" It's by far that, their are a great many things I would like to see change in iOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    And BHP, what's absurd is your constant bashing (although veiled, its still fanboyism) of Android, and constantly calling me out as a hater. If you have the pulpit, you should be prepared to share it. At best you come off as a appreciating over zealous fanboy, art worst a blind Apple shill.
    I point things out, you take them for you you will. I've never said anything that wasn't true about Android. Why label me a fanboy when I only speak the truth, is it because you haven't seen me speak on iOs and whatI think could be improved? That makes me a fanboy for Apple? This Fanboy is the only repines Android users seem to have when they face a opinion that differs from theres. "He must be a Apple fanboy,Android is the best!!" See my point? if you would take time to digest what I am saying in my post you would see that I am in no way a "fanboy" as you say. Just a person that has experiance on all sides and gives HIS opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yea, there you go. I can respect opinions, and appreciate humor (insert chokem comment here), but I am sick of thinly disguised slamming. Stating you've owned an Android doesn't disqualify the sentiment that you exhibit.
    It seems that you can't respect opinions, look at my post vs yours. Mine was a OPINION and you made a smart *** comment. If I have something to say, trust me, I say it. Oo-rah. That is the reason I called you out asking if you have trouble reading. Maybe I should've worded if different for you, do you have trouble comprehending?

    Owned is not correct, I OWN a Android handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I am simply am sick of it, and you win. No drama no flamefest to follow. Just a simple "See ya Stackers. Been Great"
    LMAO, you're not going anywhere. Don't fool yourself or try to fool others. Say what you mean and mean what you say!!!! There is no drama that you don't create. This place started as a BB only website, it's grown into a diverse community that by nature is going to disagree. Being a smartass outright leads to these discussions between us. MAybe we should start our own thread just for when we feel the need to piss each other off. If you can't handle the fact that there will be people that disagree with you on this board, then stict to Android only websites. On that note, All your bithcing and moaning towards apple seem to be about it's policies, not it's product. Why do you still have a Android(Google) device when they are doing the same thing if not worse??

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    After all that, I'm gonna get a BB. Or a Symbian. WM7, that's it.
    Will you buds lighten up? Nothing is lost here. Everyone to his own.
    I got a headache.
    Here's a idea Del!! Since Jay and I an agree that we disagree about most things. How about sending both of us a article to discuss. We'll both send in our response to it to you. You post it and let the site run with it. Should make for some activity.

  12. #12
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    ^^^ First, let me be civil, if both of you can't . Mark, sorry we've taken over the thread for a personal argument. Secondly, to remind you guys that none of us (and I include myself and, for sure, the writers in this forum), are the sole and undisputed owners of the space we share. By this I don't mean you are not entitled to an opinion. Of course you are. That's why PS is great...also because we respect the positions we and others assume, and until now no one has used the forum to accuse or offend anyone else. We have entered into banter and tease (I stand accused), RogerG, especially Chokem, both of you BHP and jfcooley, Dushdavj, Remykirin, ventz, BMay and others. But if the heat gets up, and it sometimes does happen, all, or one of us know when to call it a day... sometimes it may be a hard pill to swallow, I know. But PS, essentially PS, needs and demands our communal respect.
    And I don't mean you guys should, now, turn your back on the site, or on each other. That should never happen. It shouldn't be on your minds. Just bury the hatchet and carry on giving all of us your opinion, which 99% of the time is a valued and an interesting contribution. I speak for all, when I say that discussions on the subjects, free and spontaneous like this one, IS the reason for PS to exist. And that's what makes PS the greatest of tech sites.
    So, and to answer your request, no ! I wouldn't like to know that an article of mine would be the reason for two great guys, who I respect and I value and from whom I eargerly await for a comment, to have a go at each other. And any article that I may publish, is for all to share. If the PS stackers want to...
    If I lived in the US, nearby, I would invite you all for a sit down with a couple of beers and some spare-ribs, and I can guarantee that all your differences would disappear, just like beer from the glasses or the meat from the bones.
    Essentialy you guys are just like me, or like others on this forum. I also boil sometimes. But I do like the English...I sit down for a "cup-pa-tea" and let the heat simmer down...
    It works.

    Mark. Sorry again. But I had to have this rant. I somehow, feel I'm to blame for this.
    Last edited by Delfim; 09-18-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

  13. #13
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    Well said Del, except for the "especially Chokem". LOL. We're here because we love smartphones and technology. At the end of the day, that's the tie that binds. We all get too sensitive about our devices and when someone knocks them. But the PEOPLE are who make PinStack, not the devices. We all need to remember that civility, consideration, and kindness are the ultimate goal. There is a person at the other end of the internet connection. We just need to remember that relationships are a lot more important than smartphones.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

  14. #14
    bmay82's Avatar
    bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    Good post del....I to do not want to see anyone leave over a silly "phone" disagreement...

    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^ First, let me be civil, if both of you can't . Mark, sorry we've taken over the thread for a personal argument. Secondly, to remind you guys that none of us (and I include myself and, for sure, the writers in this forum), are the sole and undisputed owners of the space we share. By this I don't mean you are not entitled to an opinion. Of course you are. That's why PS is great...also because we respect the positions we and others assume, and until now no one has used the forum to accuse or offend anyone else. We have entered into banter and tease (I stand accused), RogerG, especially Chokem, both of you BHP and jfcooley, Dushdavj, Remykirin, ventz, BMay and others. But if the heat gets up, and it sometimes does happen, all, or one of us know when to call it a day... sometimes it may be a hard pill to swallow, I know. But PS, essentially PS, needs and demands our communal respect.
    And I don't mean you guys should, now, turn your back on the site, or on each other. That should never happen. It shouldn't be on your minds. Just bury the hatchet and carry on giving all of us your opinion, which 99% of the time is a valued and an interesting contribution. I speak for all, when I say that discussions on the subjects, free and spontaneous like this one, IS the reason for PS to exist. And that's what makes PS the greatest of tech sites.
    So, and to answer your request, no ! I wouldn't like to know that an article of mine would be the reason for two great guys, who I respect and I value and from whom I eargerly await for a comment, to have a go at each other. And any article that I may publish, is for all to share. If the PS stackers want to...
    If I lived in the US, nearby, I would invite you all for a sit down with a couple of beers and some spare-ribs, and I can guarantee that all your differences would disappear, just like beer from the glasses or the meat from the bones.
    Essentialy you guys are just like me, or like others on this forum. I also boil sometimes. But I do like the English...I sit down for a "cup-pa-tea" and let the heat simmer down...
    It works.

    Mark. Sorry again. But I had to have this rant. I somehow, feel I'm to blame for this.

  15. #15
    bmay82's Avatar
    bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    I can't beleave he threw my name in there too Glenn....hahahahaha (actually i'm not surprised at all) I honestly could care less what someone says about "my" current device....I know it will change soon enough and I'll get to listen to what's said about my "new" device....never ending cycle...and I flip back and forth between iOS and android all the time...love em both.


    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Well said Del, except for the "especially Chokem". LOL. We're here because we love smartphones and technology. At the end of the day, that's the tie that binds. We all get too sensitive about our devices and when someone knocks them. But the PEOPLE are who make PinStack, not the devices. We all need to remember that civility, consideration, and kindness are the ultimate goal. There is a person at the other end of the internet connection. We just need to remember that relationships are a lot more important than smartphones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •