+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...orea-next-week... Smartphone News forum

Article: Galaxy S III LTE with quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM coming to South Korea

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I will be going to AT&T early in the morning to look at the US version of this phone. If I like it, come next week ill be an Android fanboy

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I will be going to AT&T early in the morning to look at the US version of this phone. If I like it, come next week ill be an Android fanboy
    Will believe it when I see it. You have to post pic of receipt, phone, and you holding both, or it didn't happen.

Come tomorrow if the phone pleases me, and I purchase one, Ill post pics of the phone and the receipt. I reserve the right to remain anonymous, but I will post a pic that proves that it's me.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I wanna see this.

I'm confused Cap, why the change to Android. I thought you were an iPhone fan. (not fanboy, just fan)

I am an iPhone fanboy... but iOS6 looks boring to me, and there is nothing I hate more than buying the same phone twice. I know the screen will be taller, and iOS will have a better functioning maps app, but that's not enough.

The Samsung Galaxy has grown on me, I hated it at first, but after viewing more videos there are a few things that got me excited.
    The TecTiles NFC tags sound fantastic. I love the idea that I can place one in my truck, scan it and it will turn off wifi, Im hoping it will turn on 3G since I always have it off when im home, launch my music apps, and brighten the screen, turn up the volume, and vice versa when I get home, I can place it by my front door. Good stuff. It has wireless N too, so I'll be able to use that. I was also blown away by the voice search; I know the Samsung wont have Jelly Bean right away, but I have Rom experience so that's no biggie.

I still use a Blackberry, iPhone, and a touchpad that runs WebOs and Ice Cream. I like all of them, and although I come off as a complete iOS snob, I enjoy them all.
    jfcooley likes this.

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a way to reprogram the NFC write protected tags. I don't use them so I haven't read it all. If you're interested I can give a link when needed.

Google Now is as good as the video shows, just wish my 3g was as fast as his wireless. I haven't always been a fan of voice stuff, just used to searching by hand. It's taking a little getting used to, and since I still don't use the feature as much it's having a hard time learning from me.

LMAO @ 42....good stuff. Douglas Adams would be proud.

I asked it who founded Apple. It responded Woz, that other cat and "others" even though Jobs appeared in the answer.

For giggles I opened Now and let it hear the same questions as they were asked in your video, it nailed all but one. The fish in Lake Washington (think that was it) it missed. To be fair that was the first one and I was a little slow hitting the search box.

Yes, thank you. I'll be needing that link.

[IMG][/IMG]
    jfcooley likes this.

LMAO, proof enough. Image saved.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477138

Honestly haven't read through it. Hope it helps, and congrats on the purchase.
    Capdot likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wow to you!!!!!
    Congrats Cap. And now, for the verdict...
    Capdot likes this.

Don't know if you've found this but I thought I'd offer it up

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1359057
    Capdot likes this.

Thanks for the links, Cooley. I've messed with everything except for the NFC functions, but I was going to wait till tomorrow since I pretty much had the day to myself.

I'm really enjoying it. The screen could be a little brighter but so far I'm happy with my purchase. It's fast, and while I've tortured the hell out of it, I've yet to see it start lagging. The 2gigs of ram really set this thing apart.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wow, I am speechless, that Samsung must be good
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can tell you, it is Dave...
    And capdot, wait until you have about 5 or 6 major apps open, like video, music, podcasts, docs running at the same time and there is no hiccup and multi-tasking is a breeze...
    Impressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast