+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

I found it equal to, maybe not as snappy. The N5 is pretty damn smooth ... Smartphone News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I found it equal to, maybe not as snappy. The N5 is pretty damn smooth and quick. Really wouldn't notice it much though. 1.9 Snapdragon to a 2.2. Can't remember if its an 800 in the s4. That makes a little difference, however not likely to be seen in real world.

Edit:S4 has Snapdragon 600. N5 800, G2 800, S5 800.

To be fair, most differences would only be seen in benchmarking. Even what I feel to be "snappier" may be placebo. Your milage may vary

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I'm intrigued...Why do you think it's the best?
    Jay answered that. The vanilla software. You don't need super duper specs to make the Nexus smoother and faster than anything else. Not that the specs are not worthy on the Nexus.
    The S4, or now the S5 with Google purity should be a wonder.

Check out the Moto G or X. Pretty close to AOSP, both really good devices

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I'm not looking for something else. Just inquiring minds. I'm still pretty happy with my S4 even though it is kinda tied down with ME7.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Sony Z2 blows this out of the water..

If Sony was smart they rill release the Z2 on more carriers besides Tmobile.

This phone is disgraceful.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I read everyone's comments, and you all are as disappointed as I am about the GS5. Samsung pulled an apple.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now; how about that new YotaPhone?

Correction: Will have the 801. Slightly different than the 800, think 800 at higher clock speed. (My Nexus is already running 2.5....)

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    A huge opportunity missed by Samsung. They do seem to be modeling the Apple way. The problem with that is Android users aren't anywhere near as loyal as Apple customers. This bland update left me feeling unimpressed much like an apple release. "Hey! Here's the exact same phone with a fingerprint scanner and a new icon pack. Isn't it great!" No it isn't. And the competition is fierce. The Note 3 trumps this already. I also believe HTC has a huge opportunity to really to blow the S5 away with the next ONE. But they don't see it, and will probably drop something par for the course. I'm really hoping for a Google edition Z2.
    Delfim likes this.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Yes, Samsung missed their chance here. Apple is about to take even more market share from them this fall.

Samsung has already thrown all their cards on the table with the S3 and S4. Now they are just playing catch up to Apple. Come this fall, they are really going to feel how bad they messed up here.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    You guys act like they could put coffee makers and transporters on their phones. Maybe Samsung missed their chance because that's all Samsung had at this time. I really doubt they were holding back some really cool stuff.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't think it's Apple and Samsung to blame. I think the blame lies squarely on the users unrealistic expectations. These phones are pretty high tech and most of the improvements and innovation will be coming in small chunks. Every few years you might get a mind blowing innovative concept but those are not going to be coming every year.
    ^^^ This.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BP, I don't think it's a matter of Samsung missing this or that or Apple missing somethings else as well. It's all got to do with whats available on their OS's and trying to impress the customers. Incremental stuff or not. iOS is lacking many Sammy and Android features and vice-versa as well. If the S5 is the card that shows Sammy falling behind then iOS with the iPhone 5 was already at the time rather long in the tooth and this orthondontic reference is still true for the 5S or iOS7.
    But, they live happily side by side.
    It's us that tend to view things differently. And according to our preference.
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I don't think it's Apple and Samsung to blame. I think the blame lies squarely on the users unrealistic expectations. These phones are pretty high tech and most of the improvements and innovation will be coming in small chunks. Every few years you might get a mind blowing innovative concept but those are not going to be coming every year.
    You know, I could agree with this. But then I look at the way Sony just totally killed the MWC, and I have to conclude Samsung is resting on it's laurels. The Z2 is superior to the S5 in every way and I believe this is the theme of the whole conference. Sony smoked the competition! Too bad most consumers will never know it. Because Sony won't promote it much, and will release it exclusively instead of releasing it on most major carriers everywhere. A shame!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sony has a good following here in the EU. Essentially, it's well known for quality products and good quality apps. As you say, Sony's marketing is low key. We could read into that even at their showing at MWC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12