+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...nce-in-Samsung... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: As Galaxy S4 sales lose steam, investors lose confidence in Samsun

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Oh noooz!
    The end is nigh.

I called it first.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I reckon Sammy is good for another two years. Then something else takes over. It's the evolutionary cycle, and it's good it's so...

Just remember I called it first. Here anyway.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'll call you and ask for copyright privileges when the time comes...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SGH-T889 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

So did you tell people you have an S4 now, Del?
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Damn! Prism?

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Delfim, I know Iphone is your favorite phone, but I was wondering what is your second and third choice in the mobile world? I like Blackberry because I don't like change and I'm old, but you see all phones and must have some you like also. What are some of the qualities you look for in a phone?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Kdaddy, you haven´t read me right yet. But it´s not your fault. It´s principally my fickle attitude towards smartphones that keeps all of you guys guessing. Maybe, RogerG is the only one that has read me off pat. Ok, Jay and Glenn, Dave as well.
    Right now I'm going with Android pure vanilla. No add ons. (Surprised, again, Rog? Yeah it happened within a day.)
    This last year, and principally due to the fact that my working days have become quite hectic, I've started searching for simplicity, ease of access and functions (minimal commands/touches or pressing buttons continuously to get something done).
    I have always considered Android (especially after Jelly Bean was introduced) to be able to do it all better and easier.
    Now, why don´t I want to use iOS or BB. Even Windows Phone? I´ve had them all, as you know.
    iOS destroys ease of access. Too many buttons to press to get somewhere, especially the basic phone settings. The closed environment and dependence on iTunes also riles me to no end. Granted, if you´re into Apple lock, stock and barrel the whole eco-system is great, seamless and very easy to use. But if you have to use other applications (my work environment runs mostly Microsoft stuff) there are serious limitations. Not too speak of small screen size et all... But, this iOS is my second favorite OS.
    BackBerry, it´s only the conditional access to the most important apps that made me decide to leave it for another occasion. Lets see how it grows. The UI didn´t attract me as well, although I consider it efficient and very, very easy to use and user friendly.
    Windows Phone has come a long way (it probably the same roadmap that BB will have to run), but Microsoft with its idiosyncricies has also conditioned ease of access and quality apps to be had. Our choices are limited too.
    I don´t have a third choice. So its either Android vanilla or iOS.
    As for the make of smartphone, I like well finished, good looking smartphones. So whatever manufacturer launches what I consier a good looking phone (subjective) and well built/put together, I´ll probably want to have it. Importantly it must be a smartphone one that will hold value (ex. iPhone) since I'm always trading them.
    Hardware specs aren't a concern for me any longer. They´re all much "up there", so there's very little to differentiate any of them.
    So, that´s it.
    Everyone to his own though.
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-09-2013 at 11:34 AM.

I saw this the other day and wanted to reply "Dels favorite phone is the one he's holding.....today."

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    S'right!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    Delfim, I know Iphone is your favorite phone, but I was wondering what is your second and third choice in the mobile world? I like Blackberry because I don't like change and I'm old, but you see all phones and must have some you like also. What are some of the qualities you look for in a phone?
    lololololololololololololololololo
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

+ Reply to Thread