+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rdills
  • 1 Post By chokem

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...s-all-you-get!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Galaxy S4. 9 Gb, that´s all you get!

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    With the MicroSD availability I don't think I would be too concerned myself

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    As we all know it's only a matter of time before the developers start zapping the bloatware. I love XDA

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    This is interesting. I have 33 used right now in my iPhone 5. Seems I need to dig a little more on this.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That's a lot of Samsung bloat. Probably the reason some are reporting lag in certain areas. Looks like its going to be hard to root this phone, at least the At&t version, so you'll be stuck with Touchwiz for awhile. Samsung wants the focus off of Android and more on their gimmick bloatware. I'm done with skins and overlays.

I'm going to stay with the Nexus line of phones from now on. After using the Nexus 4 the past few weeks, I can truly say its the best Android experience to be had. I had no idea what I've been missing. Because even after rooting and flashing a pure Android ROM to these other phones, they're still not as smooth and stable as the Nexus.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think we all need to band together (Petition) for them to give us the storage their advertising, or demand expandable storage. I just got the 32GB HTC One, LOW AND BEHOLD, did not get 32 out the box. If my memory serves me right, it was about 22GB to 26GB of free space for app's, music, photos, videos, etc.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    ...Samsung wants the focus off of Android and more on their gimmick bloatware. I'm done with skins and overlays.

I'm going to stay with the Nexus line of phones from now on. After using the Nexus 4 the past few weeks, I can truly say its the best Android experience to be had. I had no idea what I've been missing. Because even after rooting and flashing a pure Android ROM to these other phones, they're still not as smooth and stable as the Nexus.
    That´s what I truly foresee. Within a few more S iterations and a few more features, in comes TIZEN. Google and Android are outta the door! Its WHAT I SAY!
    As for the Nexus 4, yeah rdills, if it wasn´t for the flimsy glass back and only 5,85Gb left over (on the 16Gb model, the only one available here), in memory, I would consider it seriously. I run TomTom Nav on all my phones, and that is a 3Gb app with all the maps of Western Europe. There wouldn´t be any memory left, virtually, for any other app...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    As for the Nexus 4, yeah rdills, if it wasn´t for the flimsy glass back and only 5,85Gb left over (on the 16Gb model, the only one available here), in memory, I would consider it seriously. I run TomTom Nav on all my phones, and that is a 3Gb app with all the maps of Western Europe. There wouldn´t be any memory left, virtually, for any other app...
    Those flaws, coupled with the misconception that flashing a pure Android ROM would give me a nexus-like experience, are exactly whats kept me away from this jewel for so long. Still, I'm sorry I waited. I have 12GB of free on device storage. But I really hate the direction Google is heading as far as device storage is concerned. The cloud is fine for music, pictures, videos, and docs. But have they not factored apps into this equation?

As far as the hardware, they took the cheaper route to keep the price down would be my guess. But I tell ya, they could really cut into the monster that is Samsung by releasing a Nexus with HTC One-type hardware. That gimmick software can't compete with Android when its optimized that type of hardware.
    Delfim likes this.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Agreed!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Not a problem. Out of 16 internal on this S3, which is actually a little over 12, I still have over 10 left. Get at least a 32 gig sd card and rock on.
    catstide likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread