+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...alaxy-handsets... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Galaxy Note 3 region lock is an issue after all, Android 4.4 updat

Advertisement

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This issue might weakened the sales of the Note 3. If this do happen; serves them right. They need to fire the guy/girl that came up with that idea.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Lock Lock Lock, I do agree if their sales aren't what they want then they should expand to other users, I know that's probably a dream for now though

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    This sucks. There's a lot of business going on between retailers exchanging smartphones between continents. I refer mostly (what I Know) from Portugal to Africa - Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde and other countries in Northern Africa. I'm sure this is rampant in most parts of the world also. It's lucrative. Also, there are problems with guarantees issued by Samsung, so I'm sure Samsung wants to have better control of their hardware around the globe.
    I don't think it will fail. Sammy knows what it is doing.
    What I'm afraid of is the others also catching on to this. I'd love to go over to the US and get a iPhone 5S for about 500 bucks or less. Out here they're going for a measly 860 Euros - 1.140$US

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    It used to be an issue on xda, which is why they closed the marketplace forums.

Guys would buy cheap and sell overseas. Getting a device on contract for pennies, and selling it or enough to buy another device and profit.

Not sure that this was the way to go but I know it won't stop here.

I went and did the unthinkable and got the Note 3. I did not have the region lock decals on the box. It a T-mobile version.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Congrats bud! It's a great smartphone. In all aspects. Enjoy it and don't forget to tell us more. Hey Rog, when is yours due in?

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Congrats bud! It's a great smartphone. In all aspects. Enjoy it and don't forget to tell us more. Hey Rog, when is yours due in?
    Thanks Del. I haven't really dived into it yet. But I can tell you that they weren't lying about the build quality. It feels like if you drop it on the pavement it will shatter to a million pieces. When I pulled out of the box it felt like I bought a dummy device. Pluses: The display is beautiful, and its super fast. Its the fastest device I have every owned. 5.7" doesn't feel bigger than the Note 2.

BTW: One thing I've notices that some of the reviewers failed to mention. Some of the widgets are not scaling well to the display. I noticed it on the Gmail widget.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Press on the widget and adjust. It also happens with Google Calendar and some others too. Once you're used to it, you can try a Launcher (Nova, for instance) and you can scale your widgets and resize icons as well. It's endless what you can do with it. Enjoy!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wayda go Peter! Mine should be here this week. Of course it will have been rooted and free of bloat ware.

Believe there's a cf auto root available. I could be wrong.
    Odin+su.....simple.

+ Reply to Thread