+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...t-To-Know-You!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator

Article: The Future of 'Personalized' Computing: The Gadgets Get To Know Yo

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't want it.

I've already got people asking me questions, wanting this and that response. Being people I can tune the out easily, be rude to drive them off, or in a second of insanity bury them in the back yard.

My point is I like the fact that my device responds to me only when I want it too. I turn off location devices because I don't always want to know what's going on around me. Digital disconnect ignorance can be bliss.

Ad for the cloud, well I've always had a rain cloud with me like that poor chap from Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe. As for digital, I don't like my music being somewhere else physically (if it really ever is physical), I want to hold it close, along with any other data I have.

No robobutler for me thanks. No disembodied voice to ask my lunch plans, or a device that knows what the hell I'm going to do before I do. I like things just fine here in the present. Guess I'm old fashioned. And old...er.

Now get off my lawn you darn kids.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    no more
    No, thanks. I do not need my own devices spamming me. I get enough email spam as it is.

+ Reply to Thread