+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Eye-Of-PapaMag... Smartphone News forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Article: From The Eye Of PapaMag

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Aw man. We'll miss your lovely mug around here, Craig. You coulda just kept ONE website to go to....PinStack of course.

Seriously, whatever you decide to do, enjoy yourself and don't be a stranger. You know where to find us.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nope. Not happening.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Craig you ain't going anywhere buddy. No sir! You grab the guitar, get specs for your eyes and whatever else you need that's ok. But Pinstack? Nope. That you can't give up. It's part of your life.
    Not happening.

I got out my damn computer to type this, so you better read this

Years ago, when our computers made funny noises just before they connected to the internet using that antiquated tech called modems, to say you had a friend or friends online would get you funny looks and unwanted comments.

Online people were fake. The internet made everyone pretty, rich, and popular. Check out Facebook and you may find this still to be true. I have no doubt that it is on dating sites. If you “met” someone online and chatted, shared stories or hobbies, back then you couldn't be sure that you were really dealing with who you thought you were.

I’ve found Pinstack to be the exception to that rule then and now. Sure, there are some out there (looking at you BBM sexters….) but the “regulars”, the ones that take the time out of their day to post over and over again throughout the week, or month are genuine.

Roger, Del, Glenn, Capdot, Raton, srl7741 (yeah I looked it up to get it right), Java, Remy, TerryO, iNurse, Mark, bmay, dush, Laura, ventz and you Craig. I consider you friends to some extent.

Craig, I don’t really want to see this happen. I admit it selfish and I’m ok with that. I am. You see when I had a BB I looked forward to your themes. Even after I dumped the BB I still appreciated the work you put into the themes you posted here. I dare say almost proud in as much as it was coming from a Stacker. I’ve watched as you have played and learned how to create within the Android environment.

Tech aside, guy I read your wrap ups just hoping to see my name. See it’s a badge of honor to me to be mentioned within one of your weekly posts. Beyond that I look forward to seeing and reading your thoughts on anything from lawsuits to new devices. At times you give a point of view that I hadn't thought of. I’m going to miss that.

I know life moving on. I know there’s more out there then bouncing around tech sites and giving your two cents worth. Learning to play guitar is great, family is great. I get it.

Leaving here…..well as an admitted selfish jerk I’m going to say “Don’t. No. Not gonna happen”.
    As your friend, and yes I AM your friend, I say Godspeed if you must go. Just remember that as real as your family is there with you, your family of Stackers is here.

Goodbye is short for God be with you.
    May He be with you always.
    jay
    RogerG and dushdavj like this.

Well said, Jay. You've echoed everyone's sentiments. Hope you'll take it to heart, Craig.

Not only what Jay said, but we can't afford to lose you right now! Not until we get this place hoppin' again like the good ol' days, and we're gonna need you around to help us do that. I don't know what Escalate paid Hayden for this place, but things haven't exactly been going well here, which has caused many people to leave. I don't want to see that continue, and I'm thinking there might be a way for the old faithful to maybe take things over and do things the way we've been clamoring for.

So now that I've put that little bug in your ear, whaddya have to say about that?
    dushdavj likes this.

Real Papas don't leave.....

Just sayin

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Man true friends sure know how to make a guy feel wanted. Jay since you went to the trouble of hitting the computer I guess maybe I should reconsider. Roger I know what you are saying and I would love to see the Stack cruising again. Tomorrow you will get a true from the eye of Papamag. Jay the real Papas comment was a bit low but very effective. Thanks my friends
    dushdavj likes this.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Hehe. We have a way of suckin' people back, don't we?

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Kidding of course, Craig. You'd be missed horribly.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You will be missed Craig. I hope its not permanant.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Life is full of balance. Sometimes, especially when trying to balance personal life and "online" life, that balance is difficult to find. One week we swing a little too far towards the online life, and feel as though we are losing touch with who we really are; then we overcompensate and attempt to leave behind the online life completely. But the facts are that friendships gained online are true friendships; all those people with the funny screen names are real people. I'm praying Papa that you find your balance in that area (I think I have) - we would hate to see you go, friend . . .

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am the last person to say if Craig should continue or not, however I am going to weigh in here. Firstly I think Jay said it well and succinctly how much you would be missed Craig, and his last statement Real Papa's don't leave says it all. Now Craig you have made some very good points about age (and I am not far behind you) so looking at the rest of one's life and choosing important things like spending time with family, traveling, enjoying the beauty of nature, spending time with friends quality time in all of these places is so important. Think about it though Craig here at Pinstack is a place where people care about each other, where you can discuss things about tech items, but also about life, politics (worldwide), where you won't get flamed for your views, where people are interested in so many items, where you can rely on Delfim to stir things up and post an article which will leave you thinking. Yes I agree you do not want to spend hours in front of a computer screen, I certainly don't, I am either sitting in front of 4 screens or sitting on a plane, when at home hiking with my wife and puppies or spending time with our children and their spouses but there is still time to visit Pinstack on the tablet.

In short Craig there is such a thing as multi-tasking, 30 minutes in a day when you can spend some time with your friends here that as you can see from the comments do not want to see you leave. If you must cut back a bit, but stay Craig, because you provide a unique view which we all enjoy.

Sorry guy. Meant it more of a joke, but guess didn't come out that way.

Just hate to see something like this. Cut back til winter, whatever, but don't leave.

What can I say about by guilt skills? Learned from my mother....she's a master.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well Craig, that's that. The real truth and the way we do feel for each other on Pinstack is reflected here on this thread which you started. But I do want to add.
    Firstly, there's a discernible frustration between us all to the ways this vBulletin is serving us. The fact that so many of the stalwarts of Pinstack have abandoned this site illustrates the sheer awkwardness of navigating within our web site. Many I'm sure do still browse and read front page without signing in. If they don't know the ins and outs of the torment that is navigating between the current forums l like we do, they won't waste their time in finding out. That's comprehensible because there are so many other sites that are easy to navigate and read up on tech, why should they bother? Some are even afraid of entering Pinstack after the last virus scare that Google so prominently displayed. I'm thinking of Steve and Laura in this particular case. Now all this makes it extremely difficult for Pinstack to cement any valid relationships it can make with all the people we see that are viewing our site at any given time, which is usually on the high hundreds daily. What is it exactly that stops them from going any further? It's simple.
    If we want to further the relationships on Pinstack we have, firstly, to provide easy access. And Continuity on the posts the very few write. Comments and opinions must be seen to be followed. Right now Pinstack does not provide for any of that.
    Let's fix this place up, please EscalateMedia, so we can call our old friends back from obscurity where they choose to be because they do not accept our web site format and idiosyncrasies. Let's make it easier for newcomers to get absorbed into our way of doing things.
    The increase in numbers of comments and opinions will not only be of great benefit for us all as well as for EscalateMedia, but the frustration Craig and others feel now, will not be the excuse to want to leave.
    Craig, you'll do well to stay with us. It's with people like you that we and Pinstack will eventually grow out of the present status quo.
    That is, if the powers that be are willing and able to fix and modernize the Pinstack forums. I'm sure they are. It's just that it's taking too long!
    jfcooley likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast