+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 2 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By Capdot

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hone-5-Delayed... Smartphone News forum

Article: Foxconn Strike! iPhone 5 Delayed?

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I really don't see a launch delayed. Apple puts so much into marketing and development that I'm willing to bet there would be a contingency plan for even this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I don't want to sound holier than though...but our concern is only for the supply of the goods? Do we care about people? This riles me.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was trying to stay away from that Del since I got carried away and got myself in trouble last time.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Is that particular location the only place that manufactures iPhones? I just checked out Foxconn, and I see it has: 13 factories in China; several factories in Brazil; factories in Slovakia and the Czech Republic; one factory in India; a factory in Malaysia; and two factories in Mexico.

Apple is not the only company that uses Foxconn facilities. Foxconn also manufactures products for Acer, Amazon.com, Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Motorola Mobility, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and Vizio.

I would venture to say that all of us might own something manufactured in a Foxconn factory, even if we do not own any Apple products.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine had problems with the sound card on his PC. I wanted to find the drivers, so I asked him the manufacturer of the motherboard. The motherboard manufacturer was Foxconn.
    RogerG likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't want to sound holier than thou...but our concern is only for the supply of the goods? Do we care about people? This riles me.
    I was trying to stay away from that Del since I got carried away and got myself in trouble last time.
    I think the majority of us here will say that we value human rights more so than being able to get the latest and greatest device, whatever that may be.

It's the dumbasses that wait in lines days before a device is released that might not be so willing to admit that.
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I wonder if having all those cameras around woke those people up? They will strike, upper management will rehire and this strike will be suppressed by Foxconn and maybe the government. It's nice to see this though. The change has to come within the country and only when these people wake up and demand better pay then they will get it.
    Last edited by Capdot; 03-25-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Delfim likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's been said here before by a former member Cap (not nearly as nice as you put it) and very true.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well said Cap. It's not only the pay issue. That's what is most understandable. But in an "economic powerhouse" like China (an economy bolstered by US and EU business) it's the humane situation that is particularly horrific. I hope the Chinese wake up to another Long March. With a 21st century meaning, of course.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Stop acting like us here in the U.S. and get to work. I want my iPhone 5 for my birthday July 24...Dang it!!!

+ Reply to Thread