Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

I may come off as a pompous *** but so be it. Tired of all ... Smartphone News forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

I may come off as a pompous *** but so be it. Tired of all the whineing and help me help people.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    God forgive me.

You come off as a complete and total ***.

Just tired of the self-righteous and arrogant holier than thou bullshit.

If I come off as whineing, so be it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    http://goodelectronics.org/news-en/f...ple-suppliers/

Wanted to chose a link that wasn't an android site.

FOR THE RECORD I'd hold ANY company responsible that knows and ignores.

Apple sits on a mountain of cash, making it a target. One of the pitfalls of success. Accept that, please and dontt just believe we (well ALL) android users are blind and are ignorant to the possibility of Samsung etc being included.

But what cost? We all know Apple charges a premium for its devices. Some would argue overpriced. The profits they make are in part due to cheap labor afforded them by Foxconn. If not then clearly Apple would replace them, and they know it. Hence this issue. Provide parts and labor cheap or lose supplier status.

We (all of us) want to pay an expected amount for our devices. In doing so we (you and I) encourage this. Betcha if it wasntt in the media we would look the other way. Just as guilty, all of us.
    I love how people still bring up the cheap labor thing. Please. If you really think that's it you're buying the liberal media crap. I guess that's why BMW,Mercedes,Toyota,Boieng,GE,Michellin, all build here. Cheap labor.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    God forgive me.

You come off as a complete and total ***.

Just tired of the self-righteous and arrogant holier than thou bullshit.

If I come off as whineing, so be it.
    That last sentence wasn't directed at you.

Do I think I'm better than some. Damn right I do. Ive worked my a$$ to earn that. Do I have a ego. Damn right. Earned it. Am I a kind caring person. Damn right. But I have no sympathy for those that aren't willing to help themselves.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Does anyone really think that anything Apple does is going to change the situation over in China??

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nope. 100 billion in the bank isn't going to change cheap labor, poverty, or other injustices to humanity. To think that Apple the company that writes a "simple OS" or is responsible for the great "walled garden" is going to change China and injustices to humanity is beyond stupidity. They can raise wages, but thats not gonna change the conditions for cheap farming labor, clothing labor, long hours.

This is a issue that will take all of humanity to change, not one single company raising wages.
    BHP77 likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hmm voice of reason? As Cat points out Apple is not the only company to build gadgets in China, however they are currently either the richest or vying to be the richest in the world so they in theory should have the moral responsibility to lead the way and make the changes. Salary wise I would bet that the amount they earn is equivalent relatively to the minimum wage worker in the US (where can you live for 17.50 in the US?) However working conditions are what need to be changed, + I am sure more money would help Revolution is not the answer, it will not happen, one hopes that the companies, the shareholders and the consumers will feel a sense of guilt and work with Foxconn to improve conditions after all you cannot take all this money with you and seriously how many billions do you need to get you through the average 80 years on this planet. Next place to change is the minimum wage worker in the US, the place where a company by law does not have to give them any vacation, bit different to Europe eh Del?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yes Dave. We've been there, and not so long ago... One of the reasons so many emigrated to the new countries. Right? Why is Apple a target? You guys miss a very big point. Unlike all others Apple has a major share in Foxconn. They also sit on Foxconn's board...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm shutting this down. It's gotten out of hand. Roger warned you guys last night.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12