+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-FEATURE-STORY... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: FEATURE: BlackBerry – The Resilient Empire

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, that's quite the read. Nieves is obviously a staunch advocate of BlackBerry. You have to wonder, though....does he really know the company that well or is his writing all conjecture and speculation? I'm guessing the latter.

We've said it before, but BlackBerry is the backbone of this community. Sure, there are very few BlackBerry users here anymore, but it is our roots. No one here doesn't hope for the great comeback, but what is the reality of that happening? BlackBerry seriously has to have something spectacular under wraps to gain back the market share they let slip away.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It will only truly be the end when I stop using my PlayBook and BB Torch

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good to hear that old Torch is still burnin', Dave.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I believer there is too many and too much out there to say it's the end. Restructure, new technology, and investing in what the consumer wants is all there. Yes and there's Dave to we're good BlackBerry's good all is well.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Regardless of all this I still miss BB. It always provided me with pleasant experiences. How can I forget? I found PinStack because I was horribly stuck with my BB. Cherrichiodo helped out...
    But now, it's just a fond memory, nothing else.
    Now for a little history. Out here in Portugal, especially down south where we proud northerners shouldn't have gone and conquered and kicked the damn arabs out of the country (the arabs fled and left all the "camels" behind and that's what we have now. (We shoud have done the conquests going north into Galicia. Better folk there). Well, let's get on with this. Back in the time after all this, give or take a few hundred years, there was a young king (half-breed idiot) called Sebastian. He decided he wanted to conquer Morocco. He left Portugal on his horse aboard a boat on his conquest and never came back, thank goodness. And since then all his followers, and that's most of the "camels" in the south, invented a feeling called "sebastianism". Which means "saudade" (longing). And from that grief and longing the FADO (just google the word or else I'll never finish this post) was born. That melancholic type of song, today a UNESCO Cultural Heritage World Asset, is the "camel's" way of life still today. They're forever hoping this stupid sod of a king is still alive and will reappear someday. Ok that's it.
    Get the analogy? All this to say, I'm sorry that BB followers are already going through all these throes. Let me tell you, it's not worth it. The guys at the helm are (still) making a fat packet and we're feeling sorry for them. Please.
    Maybe something will come out of it, though. A song, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Regardless of all this I still miss BB.
    I won't. Well, a little bit because of memories, heritage and emotions. But Android on my SIII does everything that a BlackBerry used to do better. A little bit of a learning curve was involved, yes, but it does all my PIM better. Oh - one thing I do miss is the Bold keyboard . . . but I think Windows Phone, Android and Apple left BB in their wake a while ago

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Stealing a line, in the eternal words of Queen: 'Someone still loves youuuuu'.

When the led light goes out on my S2 (Storm 2, that is), that will be end of the BB phase of my life

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm driving AT&T crazy because even though I am learning to use the Galaxy 3, every two weeks or so I call them up and say "please change my LTE plan back to Blackberry plan". I grab my 9700 and I'm gone for the weekend. It's so simple and dependable that I feel i'm part of a "resilient empire"......oh that's right, I am! Happy Birthday Pinstack, party on dudes!
    RogerG likes this.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    If it's the end why did I read the other day that blackberry use was up 75%? Is it because they started giving Z10's away?

+ Reply to Thread