+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=5703-Facetime... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Facetime Over Cellular Data. Costs and Concerns...

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am sure Facetime will be brilliant with the IPhone 4S but I don't understand why Apple put such a poor front facing camera on the IPad 2 and did not upgrade it on the new IPad when the put a Retina equivalent display on the new IPad. The PlayBook has a better front face camera than the IPad. Still maybe they were thinking ahead about going onto 3G network and wanting to use less data. Now this brings me to the my next point, in my industry we perform real time processing and data transmission and have all sorts of lossless data compression algorithms, so if this is possible why have they not implemented it for data transmission over the 3G networks. RIM BB uses less data for that reason, but I feel certain that it is still not using the latest techniques, and Android and Apple should look into it.
    Delfim likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hear, hear Dave. Android and iOs should look into it. But do they want to? There´s prizes for system data consumption paid by the carriers...so I´ve heard.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I suppose I can forgive no compression on the early IPhones and Androids, but with the new processors it is possible to perform the compression on the phone.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm just hoping I can hang onto my unlimited data with verizon as long as I can, until it's gone i'm not worried about going over...I've been using facetime over 3G since these babies came out (via jailbreak of course) All this talk of going to family data and kicking everyone off unlimited totally has me alittle worried though....

+ Reply to Thread