+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Real-This-Time... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Facebook Phone: Maybe, Possibly for Real This Time

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Why?
    Just..why?

2-1/2 years ago when the rumors were very strong that there was a Facebook phone coming, we thought it would be a good idea. At the time there was iPhone - and everything else. BlackBerry was no longer a contender, and Android, although strong and growing, was not Apple's equal. Therefore people would have jumped on something they perceived as a "new" idea.

These days, it's just not going to happen. The Facebook apps on Windows Phone and Android are so strong, the public will think of a FB phone as redundant. No one sees a need any longer. I agree with jfcooley - Wy?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I do too. But I think Facebook is going after a niche market, and there will be plenty of takers if you consider the numbers of users it has. And I´m sure FB will endow their smartphone with special FB features, that no other OS has.
    As you all are well aware of, I for one, will look the other way. I hate the damn thing. I can´t even go as near as imagining a FB smartphone. I´d go bonkers!

+ Reply to Thread