+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...e-May-be-Wrong... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Everything You Know About Android Malware May be Wrong

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    "Only a small percentage of geeks do that. "i stand corrected BHP.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I did state in a comment that "hackers will get hacked". Should have mentioned geeks. Geeks will, obviously. Especially ones that have no idea what they are doing and throw caution to the wind. They're the ones also getting run down crossing a street... and its us, drivers (in the latter sense of the word) that have to keep an eye out.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    LOL, Jay. Told ya, just kidding , Android is actually a very secure platform given you take the right steps. Because it's Linux based you always(just as on a Mac) have to GIVE permission for for anything to interact with something else. It's just the way that's it's designed. The issue now becomes how do you protect the end user who isn't "geeky" and doesn't take the time to look or read the permissions. In my mind you need to have a a market that is policed by the owner. It's the only way you can assure that most of this caught before it gets to the user. We need to look at the bigger picture also which the previous article didn't elude to. just how big is that 427% growth. Well, if you look at reports it went from 40 apps infected to 430+ apps infected. That's a huge increase, but in the pool of 400,000 apps it's a very small percentage. .0009%.

+ Reply to Thread