+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...European-Union... Smartphone News forum

Article: European Union Implements MicroUSB Charging Standard

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... that´s a good implementation if ever I heard of one. I´ve been following it for a while myself... It took too long. No more chargers all over the place. One is enough...
    News are also rife here (already), for a universal connector, a step up on microUSB ( think they want to call it microUSBII) which x 10 times the speeds of data transfer compared to the present system. I´m talking here from memory, so please take this with a pinch of salt...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I thought they had already ratified this standard, unless it was just for the US. Almost all phones except the iphone (if not all, haven't paid much attention to the new nokia's lately) are shipping with micro-usb data/charging ports in place. I wish the standard would apply for headset jacks as well. Can't stand that Samsung's new microusb port won't work with a motorola headset....ggrrrrrrr....

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    I thought they had already ratified this standard, unless it was just for the US. Almost all phones except the iphone (if not all, haven't paid much attention to the new nokia's lately) are shipping with micro-usb data/charging ports in place. I wish the standard would apply for headset jacks as well. Can't stand that Samsung's new microusb port won't work with a motorola headset....ggrrrrrrr....

Zo
    From what I understand (Delfim may want to clarify), they have been working on this for 2 years, it was agreed on and ratified in June of 2010, and implements January 1, 2011.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Mark yes ! Ratification was mid 2010 - after that a lot of "polishing" of the original proposal went on at EU Commission level (technical, marketing, commercial etc) and then follows Regulamentation which is the decree that will finally be the implemented law. This decree starts 1st January.
    There is also a time afforded the manufacturers to comply, usually 2 years from date of implementation.
    Patience is a virtue...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    So they are not just implementing this as a standard but it is being written into law? Wierd, but ok....lol

Zo

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ it's called a Normative Law (Decree) ... it establishes the standard to be used.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hey, what's wrong with Texas

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ the Lone Star state belongs to another galaxy, I presume ... Definitely not from this earth!
    We say the same about our Spanish neighbors !

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Hey, what's wrong with Texas
    Nothing - I live in Texas and like to make fun of it [grin] because us Texans take ourselves too seriously sometimes :-)

+ Reply to Thread