+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-On-The-Eating... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ESSAY: The Proof Is In The Pudding.

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Love the math on the pudding .

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^That wasn´t in the original text, nor the title. Some credit goes to moi. I´m being modest...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ The math was the best part, so more credit on you Del!!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Nah! I meant the picture choice. The math, forget it. But I do like the final, proven, result. So let´s see 1+1= 1,9998? That far I understand. Sounds like the major math applied to todays economics.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ha Ha, the pudding's good too! There are some major flaws in the proof, hence the final incorrect answer, used to play with things like this at school, and had to help my kids out when they were given this sort of thing to disprove. The scary thing is your comment about the math being applied to today's economics, I don't think you are far from the truth, while the politicians and bankers may not use these proofs there is a good chance that when it comes to election time this sort of math is used by both sides to demonstrate why we should vote for them, and the pundits will loudly shout from the roof tops (or the various TV networks) why we should believe what each politician is saying. You will have those shouting for hope and change, and other shouting hopeless economics, but honestly what I want more than anything is truth, hoping and spending may or may not work, tax hikes, tax breaks, I don't think anyone knows but we need some proper mathematicians to come out and tell the truth!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread