+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By chokem
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 2 Post By Capdot
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ng’-Cigarette…... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ESSAY: So About That ‘Glowing’ Cigarette…

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't smoke, never have, I did however grow up with parents that were heavy smokers, my mother smoked 40 a day, my father smoked a pipe so I was exposed to second hand smoke and that to the London smog of the '50's, working with heavy smokers I most definitely think it is a terrible habit and if you are strong enough to give it up you should be admired. So what I am going to say now is probably controversial and should stimulate conversation, I am most definitely not suggesting people should smoke, I am more trying to demonstrate that things we are told by the government is normally to help them control things or get additional revenue after all if smoking kills, shouldn't it be banned? I do wonder however how truthful it is to say that smoking causes cancer? I believe that if you are likely to have cancer smoking will aggravate it, but statistically is there truly a link, or is it politically linked. I look at the number of people in China, Indonesia, India, Europe and America that smoke, if it caused cancer as we are told the world population would be a lot lower than it currently is.

People should stop smoking because it is a nasty habit, it is addictive, it is smelly, it is expensive, it does deposit a sticky black fluid called tar in your lungs which causes shortness of breath, and in some people it may cause cancer and heart disease. So stop should you stop smoking yes, should you believe everything our governments try and tell us no. Cancer is a terrible thing, thankfully less people are dying from it now than 10 years ago, but I wonder what the statistics are, has the number of people contracting cancer reduced with less people smoking?

Every day a study is published showing that something will kill you, followed by two weeks later another study saying it won't. Look at cellphones and brain tumors, is there a link, for every study that states there is there is another that says there isn't.

When you check the chemical list, check how many chemicals occur naturally or in other things we consume.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think we all should avoid whatever will harm us. That includes cigarettes, any drug, or even the weather. Politics aside, we also know what the governments neglect, as is the case exposed above, it´s because of self interest or in answer to powerful economical "cadres" that through their money and influence manage to legitimize and even create new legislation to suit their needs.
    The fact of the matter is we are all exposed to various sorts of radiations and nocive surroundings. It´s up to all of us. individually, to minimize this exposure.
    To minimize medical and technical studies, knowledge as it becomes more accessible and the reports of dedicated professionals is an act of ignorance and stupidity. Even if the results are inconclusive, or there is reason for doubt, the work cannot be undervalued. These reports are usually refuted by the "opposing" camp. But we know their reasons and they´re not always in our best interests.
    Regarding the report in the article, and I myself having followed the debacle of the "intrigue" in Yasser Arafat´s death as well as the homicide of Litvinenko, there is enough in these deaths to warrant our attention. What we´ll do about it, personally, is really up to each one of us.
    Only time will judge today´s society. Much as we are judging, now, the plagues of the dark and middle ages and the renaissance, all the way to the beginning of the 20th century.
    It´s what we can do now, even if very little, that will condition our future living standards and more directly, our future generations.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We are all continually exposed to radiation at all time do any of you fly a lot, go through these full body XRays, or have full body scans at the doctor, dentist who tend to regularly XRays the mouth, then there are areas which are more naturally radioactive than others, after all that was where Uranium was first found. Whilst we need to do our best to reduce outside poisons from affecting us, if you look at the majority of centurion they live normal lives, but mostly are surrounded by friends and family, I remember reading that one lady who lived to 120 actually took up smoking at 80 after giving it up at 60. So most importantly stay happy, avoid stress unless of course you enjoy it, eat a healthy balanced diet, and enjoy every day

My comment with regards to medical studies were not meant to minimize, more to question, which is most definitely not ignorance. You have to understand the majority of studies are done over a short period of time on around 1000 people then extrapolated statistically. We are all different some of us are more susceptible to disease than others so 1000 people may be too small a sample. The UK did a study on the birth control pill on an extremely large sample over 30 years and proved that there was no link to cancer which was contrary to many smaller studies. So my point is not to ignore but to question, not to believe everything that is released. Do you remember the study that stated carrots were carcinogenic, we'll they are if you eat several tons of them. Seriously considering what you are told consider the source, consider other studies, will anybody benefit from its publication (include notoriety) has it been peer reviewed and so forth. I don't dismiss studies I am just cautious. We are responsible for our own health, we all know our own bodies better than anyone else and should take note of any changes that take place and visit a doctor and explain the problem, write things down so you do not forget the symptoms.

As far as Yasser Ararat is concerned I reserve judgment, although I am very skeptical here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    And this all has what to do with smartphones?
    chokem likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Well my S3 is "smoking" fast.
    RogerG likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Smartphones are also "toxic". And it´s tech. And look at Glenn "smokin´ his S3 !
    So?

Anyway, it´s a discussion, right Dave?
    I´ll get back to it later. Right now I´m going to get my kidneys examined by a toxic scanner!
    dushdavj likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I went through 3 cigarettes just reading this thread...

Hey Choke, you ever going to root that bad boy? Overclocking it with LTE is Omg...

~nerdgasm
    dushdavj and chokem like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post

Hey Choke, you ever going to root that bad boy? Overclocking it with LTE is Omg...

~nerdgasm
    You´re a bad example Cap.

Now, Dave, I didn´t mean to sound off in a personal manner. I´m sorry you may have understood it as such.
    I do however regret that most of us do throw reports like these to the rubbish bin. In the first place, and if we´re interested, we should at least take the facts and judge them the best way we can, even cross reference the opinions (so easy these days with the web) to come to what may eventually be our (own) opinion and then take if from there, whatever may be ones possible conclusion. I´d like to be made aware of something in anticipation.
    There are always alternative studies. These are usually promoted and financed by the interested parties, or government. I don´t want some government or big pharma lab (et al), or some marketing agency to present me with their studies. They, over the last years, have lied and hidden stuff from us aplenty.
    I tend tends towards the studies that are done by so called "independent" groups. They may be biased, or even dramatic, but they´re more factual and address the consumer interests more accurately. Or so I think.
    Also regarding Yasser Arafat´s so called exposure to radiation or whatever they are conjuring to plot his homicide or "political assassination" theories, I do have my doubts. I´m skeptical. But with the Russian spy I remember also scoffing at it as another "conspiracy theory" and now its been proven.
    In this world today, even our imagination isn´t sufficient enough to conjure all the possibilities.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Roger, as Del mentioned smartphone manufacture most certainly has it's toxic elements, add to that the substances given off when cellphones overheat could most definitely be worrisome

Del, I would never take your comments personally, and in fact your point was well taken, you are correct studies are often just thrown out, I do tend to read them, think about them, wonder how they will affect my life, search for a contrary study and then throw them both out and go on with my life Actually that is not quite true, I have cut back on high cholesterol items, although now there have been studies that are pointing out even these studies may be misinterpreted in the sense that small pieces of cholesterol are not so damaging as large pieces or vice - versa, the important thing is to keep your brain in tune by trying to understand them, stay interested, learn new things especially as one gets older.

I seem to remember when I was working in London a case where there was an assassination using a pointy needle and some noxious fluid on the end of an umbrella outside Bush House which was across the road from where I worked, so there are many ways to remove people which I would believe would be far easier and quicker than using a small amount of radioactive substances.
    Delfim likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    *thinking we should have a social commentary section*
    Like these once in awhile.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    They happen spontaneously Jay. We need your comments on this too.
    When I read the article I couldn´t help but think of our joint "smokeless" trials...
    I managed. I´m glad I did.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post

~nerdgasm

I've been rooted two days after I got it Cap. Lol. You need to come around more often. I'm getting a Note 2 Wednesday and will promptly root it when it arrives
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nice.

Do you miss your iphone at all? I get asked that all the
    time, and honestly, I miss the apps but I do enjoy being away from iTunes for updates.

For the record; I love my tobacco laced with radiation and tar that makes me smell bad and manly.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sorry Del. My mind has been preoccupied with senseless violence.

+ Reply to Thread