+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ly-Open-Source... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ESSAY: Is Android Really Open Source?

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    So the question is. Is Android sustainable long term. I'd say yes as long as manufacturers of smartphones continue to rely it. Is it profitable for them, so far no. Only Samsung has made a profit worth talking about. They haven't done it with Android, they've done with touchwize. So, are we seeing a shift. I think so. No ones loyal to anything open. They're loyal to closed systems. Apple got this right, and Samsung is following. All others will be left to wonder why it all went wrong.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Maybe that's the principal reason why Google bought Motorola. With the Moto X and future models, I suspect Google will want more control over Android.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Maybe that's the principal reason why Google bought Motorola. With the Moto X and future models, I suspect Google will want more control over Android.
    I agree with you. I've said this for some time now. Google needs to rein in Android a bit. This can only be a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread