+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=9723-ESSAY... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ESSAY: How Google Is Finally Fixing Android's Deepest Flaw

Advertisement

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Really seems like the perfect solution for me. Before Google IO I was feeling frustrated with having to settle for the mediocre hardware of the N4 just to get the best Android experience. I want a huge 1080p display, 13mp camera, and latest processor. But I want it to perform like a Nexus. The price is somewhat justified for me because I won't have to buy another phone for years with Google pushing the updates.
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-31-2013 at 06:34 AM.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    so wait...could someone please tell me if nexus phones receive more updates than the non nexus phones. eg: would I find a G1 (nexus 1) running gely bean or ics ? in other words, non nexus phones only receive one full OS update. eg HTC EVO 3D being updated from sense 3.0 and ginger bread to sense 3.6 and ics (that's one update) where as the galaxy nexus s would receive several software updates ? ok I'm sure you understand the question.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    KTW, where does this come from? Of course, Nexus is pure Android. No bloat. From manufacturer or carrier. Pure. So whenever there is a update to Android software they get it automatically, first!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    This will be a particularly difficult year for Apple. With all these manufacturers opting for vanilla Android, the market opens up completely and the excuse of having different software on every single Android smartphone according to who makes them, the bloat ware associated with each of them, will convince most that what iOS stands for is not going to be valid any longer and it's not what they really appreciate. Closed and controlled. No wonder Tim Cook is now looking at all the possibilities for iOS...too late to realize that Apple will not go anywhere as is. Apple better pull something really new now, this year, the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, vey quickly, or else it will become a "has been" much like Nokia and BlackBerry.

Awake all of you iSheep. The sermon is on the mount.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^^ Um, let's see.....a Mac, an iPhone and an iPad mini.....Del must be the shepherd.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    "How long will Apple refuse to humble itself before me?"

+ Reply to Thread