+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...His-BlackBerry... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ESSAY: A Homeless Man and His BlackBerry

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well there ya go. It's not Android devices that the impoverished have as noted in your other article. It's BlackBerrys.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Who said they're all poor? I know one here that begs on the streets. At the end of the day he sits at a cafe near my place and chats away on a iPhone 5...
    Don't mix it up Rog. Droids have a purpose.
    There's actually some poignancy and irony in the story. Quite good.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I agree. I enjoyed the story. Well done.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've seen this first hand at PACEM.
    We volunteer when we can and our church hosts. Last year it was the women.

Their phones were so important and fiercely guarded. Some had children that couldn't be with them for various reasons, and their phones help ease worry and pain. I would imagine it provides security, as women are targets when they are out and alone.

I'm not really concerned how this makes me sound, but this brought up many emotions.

I'm cutting this short cause I have a little girl who has missed daddy. Look hard while your out and don't let bias and prejudice blind you. There's more strength of character helping those struggling than there islooking away.

I knew a gut who worked like a dog. Best worker I'd seen in a long time. He had issues with body odor that caused complaints from other employees. I took him into my office to address the issue.

I'm not a delicate man, so I plowed into the problem. He sat quietly, tty hen asked what I would do. I told him I'd be forced to l let him go.

Through embarrassed tears he (it took a bit) told me he had no place to shower, sleep.

I'll save you the story of my own embarrassment as well as the rest of my staffs.

We all made sure that he had a place, at least to shower.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

+ Reply to Thread