+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Best-They-Can... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: EDITORIAL: The BB10. They´re Doing The Best They Can...

Advertisement

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will be interested to see the reports and comparisons that come out in the days and weeks to come. Thus far, I am not really seeing anything that will make me want to give up what I have.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Agree about Lazaridis. Granted, he's a major stockholder, but he's also one of the reasons RIM/BlackBerry went into the pits. Moron.

And Alicia Keys.....wasn't she a lover of all things Apple? See how long she lasts in that role.

It's funny. I could've been there as a member of the BlackBerry Support Community team, but I abandoned BlackBerry and went to iPhone, and ultimately my SIII. All the people I knew from the board over at BlackBerry Support were at the launch events, probably at the expense of RIM/BlackBerry, and all were given a brand new Z10. They were all ooooing and aaahhing about it via Twitter and Facebook. I feel kinda disappointed I wasn't there, but then again, this device isn't blowing me away like I was hoping it would. I'm sure for what it is, it's pretty good. Time will tell how the world receives BB10 and it's accompanying devices, but with the screen size, etc, it's leaving me wanting more.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Alicia Keys - Falsetto. You got it Roger!

Unregistered Guest
    Not in stores until mid March is disastrous. What was RIM AKA Blackberry thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not in stores until mid March is disastrous. What was RIM AKA Blackberry thinking!
    Get yourself an account here and tell us how you really feel!
    TeriO likes this.

That is a good point, though. Why is it available now in the UK, but not here in the States for another month and a half?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    That is a good point, though. Why is it available now in the UK, but not here in the States for another month and a half?
    It´s about time something like that happened, don´t you think?
    Now you wait.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Not that I want one or anything.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Navigating looks cumbersome.

The lack of a proper notifications system is unforgivable.

Although this is a step in the right direction, I don't see the masses running from their current platform to buy this. I am going to be curious how this plays out for RIM.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I disagree that screen size is everything...but then again, I am the person who went from the Nexus S to the Nexus 4 and went 'waaaahhh' at the bigger screen size. (typing was #1 improvement, browsing #2)

Again, I think major apps will make them or break down. No matter how good a system is, it can't do everything. Although, I am looking at the apps I do use, and most are because Android lacks basic things -- like notepad and good exchange support. Either way, let's see what happens. Interesting news. I've read the battery life is not very good, so hopefully version 2 (or even 3) will be the one I will look at seriously.

Update: about navigation - I can't decide if I love it or hate it. There are some great things, but then other stuff looks VERY cumbersome.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    The lack of a proper notifications system is unforgivable.
    I would think that the notification LED would take the place of pop-ups. The notification light is one of the things that I missed the most about BB and for me, the pop-ups don't really replace it. Sure, it's nice to see on screen if something has come in, but I liked seeing that something new was there if I had been away from my phone (and the screen was black) for a while.

I find it interesting how everyone has different little things that are important to them.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Having both is a necessity for me.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    356 ppi doesn't cut it Del, yet the IPhone 5 with its Retina display has 326 ppi, I know you are not referring to this more to the future but if it is better than Retina it should be pretty good right? Would more pixels be noticeable to the average person, it's like audiophiles that talk about the brilliance of some systems which most people do not have hearing that is good enough to notice. Basically sometimes these thing are numbers on the page, I am pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference between the resolution of the IPhone and the Z10

With the point of expecting more I do question this. Play with it before judging it, this is a totally new OS, don't say it doesn't have the Apps because BB never used too, check it out, see if the ones you want are there. I see comments like too little too late, really anyone thought about how much time is spent writing, designing a new OS, how much is spent on lawyers checking patents trademarks etc.

Finally complaints about delay of the phone getting out in the US. The carriers are still approving it despite having been given the phone at least 4 months ago, so blame them

There I go again defending BlackBerry again . Will I buy one, not at the moment, the BB I have does its job, I don't play games, I don't watch movies on it I rarely browse the web, I check my work emails I use the camera when I don't have my Nikon, and that's it, so do I need to spend a few hundred dollars, not really. So I will watch and wait

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast