+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planneau

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...le-of-Motorola... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: EDITORIAL:What’s the true motivation behind Google’s sale of Motor

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Honestly surprised it took this long. Moto is turning its devices around, hopefully it will continue. I spoke to a guy that tried a Moto X on a bet and ended up keeping it. I looked at it but didn't get to play around with it.

Watching Samsung. Touchwiz has become too bloated with gimmick features and heavy apps that Google does a lot better. I won't (well I will but doubt I'll use it) have an upgrade in time for the S5. In a conversation yesterday I agreed that I doubt there will be too much of a departure from what Sammy is currently doing. Revamped front-in on TW may happen but under the hood I'll wager its still going to be a resource hog. Next year we may see something really new in the galaxy line, but I'm not holding out hope. This year it will be about gimmicky screen res races and more cores....

PIN/ID
    Nope!

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    If Samsung are easing up on its software, that's a mistake. It's the one thing that they should be pushing forward with. Their main goal should be to make the best Android experience with Samsung apps. Using Android as the backed of their personal ecosystem.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think Samsung is searching for it's own identity in all this. They hope Tizen will develop into an OS that identifies Samsung as having a OS as concurrent to iOS or Google Android. I don't think they'll manage this. We do have WP and BB that are trying desperately to compete and we all know what a battle that is for these OS's. Unless Tizen does "blow our minds" in it's capabilities and what I've said gets scrapped.
    I doubt it. And here's why.
    Tizen will compete directly within Samsung with Android and TouchWiz. That doesn't make any sense at all. Unless Samsung abandons Android all together, Tizen will not evolve.
    What Samsung is already doing with the Google Galaxy S4 which eliminates TouchWiz is enough. Whoever wants to have all their bloat, whistles and bells, can settle for the standard Galaxy 4 package.
    And here I go again: Tizen ? For what? Or for whom?
    If Samsung wants its own identity, it must get rid of all the aliases it has.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Samsung has a good thing going when it comes to TouchWiz. Its giving me a whole lot more than what I get from Vanilla Android. If they scale back, then the Galaxy S, F devices won't really stand on its own. Only hardware will be a deciding factor on which OEM to go with (I.e Window Phones).

Tizen will be a flop unless Samsung put a loooooooooooooooooooooootttt of blood sweet and tears into it. The lead that iOS and Android has it big, and WP8 is getting up there too.

If they're not ready to knock some sock off at MWC, then they should old off showing Tizen until they're ready to shock and AWW us.
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I agree with you on everything except TW. Sammy can lump that crap as far I'm concerned.

+ Reply to Thread