+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=6450-EDITORIAL... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: EDITORIAL: The Purpose And Substance Of The Apple vs Samsung Trial

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd say O'Brien aside, there are a lot of users posting their disgust over Apples actions bringing these suits. I've read and read, sorted out trollsand have come to the conclusion (humbly mine albeit) that in the geek world Apple is starting to tarnish.

Not that I believe Apple is entirely wrong, but lashing out at anyone who remotely resembles their product has made them look increasingly scared of competition.

Silver grill or not, you'd have to be an idiot to get an ipad confused with a galaxy tab. Period.

Ditto for a galaxy and iPhone.

At first glance maybe, even then I doubt it. I dare say NO ONE has bought one thinking it was the other. Ergo, no missed sale. You way iOS or you want Android. If you mistook one for the other you should have stayed with a tin can and string.

Did Sammy copy? Maybe. Did Apple steal? Maybe. One is ANGRY cause the other did the same thing they did, but did it to them.

I guess though the jest here is correct. Lawyers have now decided what all the next devices are going to be like. Funky curves and ugly UI overlays abound to Ward off the pinstripe suits.

What REALLY needs to happen is an overhaul of patent system. The ability to simply purchase then backslap overwhat should amount to FRAND is ludicrous. Both Google and Apple are to blame for abusing a flawed system as much as the system is to blame.

Perhaps a bit optimistic Del....I dunno. Just tired of it all to be honest. Wish we could just fight over which is better in forums not courtrooms.

Edit....autocorrect six. Almost got me in hot water.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wish we could just fight over which is better in forums not courtrooms.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I'll repeat.
    "May the best product win.
    May we be able to have that choice."

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Samsung copied plain and simple. The documents that have come out in the past few days prove that they made their product as similar to Apples as possible, not for this ridiculous idea that someone would accidently buy an Android phone when they meant to buy an iPhone, but to give the overall satisfaction of the iPhone/ipad experience when using a Samsung product while infringing on Apples patents. Hell even Google said that Samsungs designs were similar...

http://allthingsd.com/20120725/apple...st-copying-us/

I think Samsung is feeling the heat the last few months with their immoral actions lately; destroying evidence, child labor, Touchwiz lol actually touchwiz isn't all that bad. I actually do enjoy my GS3, but I do miss a lot of things that my iPhone provided.

Does the patent system need to be overhauled? Not if it means death of innovation. Remember, without patents everything would look the same. I also don't think that the patent system is faulty just because a few Android manufacturers are getting their hands slapped and having to pay for their copying.

I just don't see rounded corners or slide to unlock or universal search as something Apple should have patents on. All were done well before the iPhone or Nexus devices.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    whatever goes round comes round just don't try and tie hands behind our backs Apple

+ Reply to Thread