+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

When you buy an iPhone. That's what you get. It's the same iPhone with the ... Smartphone News forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

When you buy an iPhone. That's what you get. It's the same iPhone with the same Apple apps, no matter where,what carrier or in what country you buy it in. There is no 3rd party bloat. No carrier apps. No Ad apps. Nothing. Only what comes standard with the iPhone. Some may consider that "bloat", but I don't think that's what being discussed.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP41 View Post
    When you buy an iPhone. That's what you get. It's the same iPhone with the same Apple apps, no matter where,what carrier or in what country you buy it in. There is no 3rd party bloat. No carrier apps. No Ad apps. Nothing. Only what comes standard with the iPhone. Some may consider that "bloat", but I don't think that's what being discussed.
    Best I can remember Verizon adds bloat to the iPhone. Doesn't it come stock with the Verizon navigation and a few other Verizon apps?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Best I can remember Verizon adds bloat to the iPhone. Doesn't it come stock with the Verizon navigation and a few other Verizon apps?
    No. Apple doesn't allow any carrier(world wide) to install anything on iOS. iPhone or iPad.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by BP41 View Post
    No. Apple doesn't allow any carrier(world wide) to install anything on iOS. iPhone or iPad.
    What a wonderful concept, I guess they call the shots when they are the big dog in the world. Thanks for clearing this up BP

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    My definition of spam app-
    Anything I don't want.
    Its subjective.

I don't want Androids gallery app. I don't want the calendar. I don't want the desk clock, live wallpapers (they're apps BTW), music, or chrome. I don't want Google Home Launcher.

I would wager that if I were to own an iPhone or Nokia Lumina there would be stock apps I find to be spam. My opinion is all OS choices should be configurable from initial boot. By my definition they all have spam apps. Forcing YOU'RE gallery/music/browser/camera with no way to remove them if I chose to replace them is spamming.

From my initial flash of Paranoid Android I first delete a few apps from system. That's nearly stock Android.

Del, flashing and rooting is about making my device truly mine. I doubt you'd find another nexus exactly like mine on the inside. Its me to the core. Simplified, streamlined without unneeded overhead. I'm willing to bet you'd find my setup just as comfortable as your iPhone. Apps are loaded for a reason, nothing is more than 3 swipes away. Home is simple and compact and uncluttered.

All of this, more or less, adds to your point. While I couldn't reduce the memory footprint unrooted, I could duplicate my setup on nearly any Android. I could also easily tailor it to someone else's needs.

Oops...sorry. Tangent over.

All get deleted and replaced, regardless of the device.<---saw this line after I posted. No idea when I typed it or what it means. Blackout???

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Spam apps to me are apps that are forced onto me and I'm unable to remove them from my device.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm the same way JF, first thing I do is go through and delete any and all apps that I don't use. No need for them or even to see them if I don't use them. I add what I want but run as lean as possible. I quit using task managers, security apps, all the nonsense I once thought was cool and doing my device justice.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm a switch hitter... I could go both ways, iOS or Android. I can do whatever I need to do with both, and still be happy. The only difference is screen size, but that's all preference.

Rooting and rom swapping is fun, and not really a burden if its your little tech hobby. I do it cause I enjoy all the different flavors or interpretations from different devs.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    About the editorials subject. For me it hasn't been about one device for a long time. Are their androids that peak my interest, sure. Is their anything that can give me what I have with Apple. Nope. There's nothing on the market that comes close to Apple. Actually, Aplle seems to be the only player in this market. There's just too many pros that outweigh the very small amount of cons with Apple. We can argue what is the best phone out there till the end of time. It's not going to change anything because that is purly subjective. For me it's the iPhone. But not just because of what the iPhone does or has. It's all about what the iPhone works with. And that's everything. From my TV,iPad,Mac, my home and now going forward to the cars. While anyone can say that this or that phone is best for them because of x,y,z. No one can argue against Apple's complete system. Mainly because there isn't another one. Sure you can say that Goolge is making strides to get in this market. But until Google decides to quit playing the "open" game (which it's not) they will never have a ecosystem as compete as Apples.

So yes, everyone's phone works best for them. True. But if you want a complete ecosystem where everything works together, seamlessly and with no setup. You only have one choice, and that's because there is only one choice.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It is true on the Windows 1020 the only apps I have are the ones I want, all the others are easy to uninstall. Even BB doesn't let you do that you have to hide them in a folder somewhere.
    Delfim likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123