+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Originally Posted by Delfim 4.7" is more than enough. Anything bigger is an hindrance. That's ... Smartphone News forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    4.7" is more than enough. Anything bigger is an hindrance.
    That's what she said...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    How much bloat is in a iPhone Del? I have never held one in my hands. I don't like the bloat that came with my S4 either that's why I rooted and flashed a ASOP Rom that eliminates the crap. Hey I got an idea just send me one so I can make a honest comparison

Cats she would never include the .7 I mean really

PIN/ID
    wut?
    She said that .7 makes all the difference.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Oh sorry I didn't know a pinch could count. My wife said round it down

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It may be an age thing but I agree with Del... Yes I still use a BB a Playbook, a Windows Phone and a Surface Pro 2, I use a Laptop and several other computers Windows 8, 7, XP and Linux. I have worked with computers since the late 60's and used to want the latest gadgets, but now I have finally realized that what I need is the gadget that does what I want as simply and quickly as possible, so if that means a single button round my neck then so be it. Who's to say that in the future we wont just think of what we need and we will get it. So flash your phones or jailbreak if it makes you happy, because in the end the happier you are the longer you will live
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If you guys cared to examine the Lumia 820 with its 4.3" screen you'd realize that the size is most comfortable and the most efficient. Bigger than that, get a tablet.
    So in this case the .7 is out of the discussion. It's not how big it is, it's all got to do with how you use it. That takes experience, knowledge and the ability to use the tools given you, the best way possible. It's obvious you guys are completely out of this league.
    Simply put, big isn't better. It could be, but not with you lot.
    You're all, with some exceptions, damn smartphone voyeurs!
    By the way Craig, iOS has NO "spam" apps.
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-22-2014 at 07:43 AM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    If you guys cared to examine the Lumia 820 with its 4.3" screen you'd realize that the size is most comfortable and the most efficient. Bigger than that, get a tablet.
    So in this case the .7 is out of the discussion. It's not how big it is, it's all got to do with how you use it. That takes experience, knowledge and the ability to use the tools given you, the best way possible. It's obvious you guys are completely out of this league.
    Simply put, big isn't better. It could be, but not with you lot.
    You're all, with some exceptions, damn smartphone voyeurs!
    By the way Craig, iOS has NO "spam" apps.
    Wait...what were we talking about?

IOS does include spam apps. Maybe we are talking about different things but IOS from Verizon comes with several spam apps. Maybe other carriers are different. On that same note, most of the spam apps on my s4 are Samsung and Verizon spam apps,not Android. So i guess a lot of it depends on your carrier and manufacturer. As Del stated,I don't think pure IOS does contain spam...as well as I don't think pure Android does either.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Define spam apps.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Exactly. Well put Cats. My phones are all carrier free. Slip any SIM card in and you're up and running. No carrier crap.
    But besides this fact, any LG, Samsung or better yet any Android smartphone, even if carrier free brings loads of manufacturer junk. It's on their UI and in their app drawer. Loads of crap, from games to social apps, preloaded apps that are free until you find out they aren't, generally embedded apps you can't get rid of unless you're Craig or Jay that flash/flush everything. And which I couldn't care about. Apps that help apps, which in turn compliment their rooted apps. Add to this misery your carrier crap...oh boy!
    An Android, only one, stands proud and avoids all of this: the Nexus. That's why I have one.
    iOS, besides the standard fare Apple loads up, which is really very little, has nothing. Heaven!
    I should add that WP/Nokia is pretty clean too, right Dave? Any spam apps on WP can be eliminated. No rooting necessary.
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-22-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    @Delfim so you are telling me that if I got a iPhone through T-Mobile, there wouldn't be all the TMO bloatware that is on every other kind of smartphone? By the way I really wouldn't want anything bigger than my S4

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can't answer for TMobile (or Solavei, mmmph....right Rog?) but I can tell you this: If I buy an Android, regardless of the make, from the local carriers here (Vodafone, MEO or Optimus or any other 2nd tier carrier) not only do I have a locked SIM (naturally so), but I'll get their splash screen, all their bloat apps and then some "associated" apps as well. I can't delete them. I'll have immense problems with their bootloaders (like Cats) and can't really load an AOSP to solve the problem. Basically I'll have a smartphone that is more "theirs" than mine.
    Now, ever since Apple became Apple with their first iPhone, no carrier has ever placed a splash screen, a single app of theirs or of their associates on the iPhone. The iPhone you buy from a carrier is simply SIM locked. There's nothing else. The same goes for the iPads, all of them. No bloat. No spam. No undesired crap. If you DO want some of the crap you'll go to the App Store and download them from there. But never ever are those apps embedded into iOS. if I buy an iPhone in Italy, Spain , France or the UK or wherever, that friendly iOS setup screen is always the same. No crap!
    For this alone (there are many other virtues) I take my hat off to Jobs and Apples uniform, world wide, policy. Amen!
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-22-2014 at 12:01 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    For this information alone I take my hat off to Apple cuz I hate the bloat thus the reason why I root and flash. Stock T-Mobile sucks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Solavei is a T-Mobile MVNO and therefore uses T-Mobile phones (or unlocked AT&T devices), has none of its own branding, so you'll have the TMO bloat. Of course my Note is rooted, using the Jedi Elite ROM, so I don't have any of that.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'll edit. I'm talking local. I have no idea what Apple is bound to with US carriers.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I would be shocked if TMO didn't get their bloat in somehow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast