+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Not-Even-Close... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: EDITORIAL: It's Not Even Close...

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well that was an interesting read Del, but as you may expect I might have some rebuttals. What if I have an Android device find the perfect Rom, flash make my setup, delete the bloat and the apps I don't use, then just enjoy my device.

Can you really tell me that iPhone users take advantage of all the apps that come with their device? I have never had the opportunity to use Apple, would I, sure I would. Yes I would probably tinker cause that's what I do.

I know exactly what my Sammy can and can't do, what works best for performance and optimization. Yes I have flashed many roms, played with Xposed, downloaded this, deleted that and now my device is supreme for what it is.

After all of what you said and I said, WHY upgrade all the time if you have such a great device and it works perfect for you. WHY not just be satisfied with what you have, as my loving wife says it's just a phone.

We all know that you are either on the bandwagon or off, there is not many in the middle.

Just rambling along here, but my Sammy running LiquidSmooth v3.0 KitKat, KToonsez Kernal, and Nova Prime is outstanding and yes I will flash updates.

Have a great week
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I certainly will Craig. You too!
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-21-2014 at 02:15 PM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Meh.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Short and sweet lol. Mind you, I imagined it before you wrote it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...but seriously, the article at the footer is the reason for this editorial. Although you both (Craig and Jay) may consider that NYT article too iSheep, the fact of the matter is that what I wrote, without comparing the iPhone 5S with the Galaxy S5, compliments it. That's all.
    There is no attempt, in my part, to belittle Android or particualrly Samsung. It's meant to demonstrate to everyone my opinion, that what really matters is a smartphone that works well without any alterations having to be done to it. Even Jailbreaking an iPhone is, deep down, a futile exercise.
    Obviously this is what I say. You all, have different opinions. So lets hear them. Craig has already said something.
    Your "Meh" doesn't cut it.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Angry? Temperature up? Not at all Del. I'm sure we will all get old some day and want a phone to just make phone calls on.
    Delfim likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm wondering if he needs a phone with big buttons....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Oh geez...Wow! Damn teenagers. All together now..."Whatever". Isn't that answer in fashion? Typical.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    He just needs one to hang around his neck with one big button on it for the inevitable event..."I've fallen and I can't get up"!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm quite sure you'll tell me how you did it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hehe. We knew who would chime in on this one.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Gimme an iPhablet and I'll be a happy camper.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    4.7" is more than enough. Anything bigger is an hindrance.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I like both OS's, but I like Android better. I haven't found a think I can't do with the Note 3. I sometimes leave my PC at home and just use the Note 3.

I prefer Sense and touchwiz rather than pure android. I get a lot more than what pure google offers.

I have a lot of room to talk because I have a Iphone, BB10, Androd, and Windows phone. I've used everyone for more than 6 months. In the end; I use the Android for my daily drivers.

If its not 5.3" or bigger, you can keep it. Try sending a 2 paragraph email on the iphone 5. I see folks reading thing on their iphones and they're ether focus on trying to see what they are reading, or have the phone about 5" from their face.

Now I like what I here about the Iphone 6 and iOS8. If they do release what have been speculating that it will have; I will give it a shot again. BTW; my iphone is being used as an ipod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast