+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=8391-EDITORIAL... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: EDITORIAL: BB10! Worry, worry, worry...

Advertisement

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    thank you for this point and totally agree with you.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know Delfim, in this economy it seems people are doing their research on what phone they would like. Google maps is what many folks prefer and is what they would download anyway on a new unit. The Galaxy 3 took off for a spectacular camera, simple operation, great screen and good battery life. Sometimes it seems people want their moneys worth, and that may not be games, voice commands or a fancy map. I am willing to bet you do not use the same things on your phone as a truck driver in Tupelo does, and that is ok because these new phones are like burger and a bun.....make it into whatever floats your boat, the possibilites are endless with a solid platform.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blackberry isn't going to survive if they only appeal to a demographic that doesn't want the latest and greatest. They needed market share, and needed a buzz around this release. They won't get either with this effort.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    While I agree with your comments Del I will be much happier when you get your hands on it and give a proper review based on your usage, rather than various YouTube videos or articles from other sites. I have read many reviews and people's comments on the reviews where those people don't seem to have read the review but just want to criticize BlackBerry, I hasten to add I am not referring to your editorial. Now I am sure that there will be teething problems with the phone, it is a totally new OS, after all the low light camera looks pretty bad, but all of Apple releases have had problems, look at SIRI when first released or Apple maps, or even the fact that everyone seems to want to jailbreak their phones to use them how they want to, the same with Android, it has had similar problems. Yes the majority have now been fixed but did it stop people buying the phones. A lot of BB phones have been waiting for BB10 and will swap and like all fanboys will say it is the best thing since sliced bread, and will defend the phone stating sour grapes. What is really really really important is that BlackBerry (aka RIM) listens to the criticism and fix it quickly get new releases out there.

All I ask is that we give them a chance just as we should give The Windows Phone a chance, because seriously I don't want to be restricted to a choice of two OS's Over the years I have been depressed by the number of small businesses either being bought out or put out of business by monoliths removing choice and leaving us with a vanilla lifestyle. Do you miss the high street bread shops or butchers, the grocers that have gone because of the superstores? I do. It's the same with computers there was so much choice a few years back now you can probably count the brands available on one hand. I want BB10 to succeed, will I buy it today or within the next 2 or 3 months probably not, I don't need to, I have too many other things that I am involved with, in 6 months I may be ready to upgrade at that stage I will decide what is best for me

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    what is "ports" . dose this mean that bb10 will have preloaded software that you could simply visit Android market (google play ) with the phones browser and download any app you want , and this software called "ports" will convert the format of the app so it works on the black berry device.?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Posted a long reply then got an error from either the site of my phones browser.

Haven't had enough coffee to remember it all.

Crap.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok, it's one of these:
    1. The site. Roger, fix.
    2. Your Droid. Dump. Get something that works.
    3. Coffee. Ummm...Nope. Hangover from last night? Maybe.

Have some green tea instead. Buy iPhone with Safari, and wait for new vBulletin. Read this post, especially the second remedy, over and over again.
    Doctor's orders.
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-01-2013 at 09:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread