+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Simple... Where I work, if there is a problem, fix it ! It's easier to ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #31
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Advertisement



    Simple... Where I work, if there is a problem, fix it !
    It's easier to admit, recognize, aplogize and fix. It costs a fortune to perpetuate a lie, and a greater wealth to have confidence restored.
    Apple, Jobs would find it better to be frank and open with their client base.
    It takes a lifetime to create something worthwhile. It takes a second to destroy it.

  2. #32
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702
    I guess we'll see what Steve Jobs has to say at tomorrow's press conference at 10:00am. http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/15/iph...ss-conference/

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    If apple had done something along the lines of the storm which is just about useless as far as a smartphone goes then most would abandon that device and think hard about purchasing something again from that company. The issue that the iPhone has is real, I can replicate it on mine " if I try" not just by holding the phone and making a call or using it as I have used all my other phones. If I focus on making it lower signal then yes in can make my phone do it. Personally I'm way to busy during the day to try and make it lose signal. If it was as big of a issue that everyone claims it to be I think this would be huge. Problem is that since it has been brought into the light(which it should be) every person now has a problem. If I told you that if you touch your nexus or incredible or EVO a certain way on the screen it starts to act erratic. It happens and it is a fact. Does that make it such a huge deal that I can't touch my incredible a certain way on the screen,no. It's a issue. If I were to tell you that the incredible doesn't hold a great 3G signal and that in a area that a moto Droid has strong 3G and that the incredible drops to 1x and the data becomes almost useless for about 2 minutes until the signal comes back. Does that mean its a bad phone. No, just a issue. If I were to say that my blackberry freezes when I'm in the middle of a email and i have to reboot the phone and take 5 minutes before I can do anything again. Does that mean that i shouldn't use it because this happens, no, if that's the device that I need and want I will use it. I speak from experiences that I know all these devices have and have only touched on a few that BB and Android have. The difference is that apple are in the papers, on the tv, and all over the web.They are the number one mobile company in the world. Not opinion, fact. When one issue arises it is a major catastrophe and android and bb faithful start shoveling coal on the fire. No one here is turning a blind eye to the fact that if I put my finger on a the black band and totally cover that part the iPhone drops bars and depending on how strong the signal is to begin with you may or may not lose coverage. That is fact. No one here saying that apple isn't acting a obtuse on this matter. They are. What the folks here, and I like to think that this is the best and most professional forum on smart phones on the net are saying is that this has been blown out of proportion. I haven't dropped one call yet. I can make my iPhone do it when I won't to make it but during normal usage I've noticed not one issue. There are some that will say I just love apple and they can do no wrong. That is a false statement. I like technology and have owned everything short of a palm and windows mobile device. I speak from experience on all phones and I remain skeptical until I can have a first hand experience. Its great that issues with smart phones van be recorded and reported but this subject is getting out of hand fats and fueled by people that just read about reports from users that are biased or just want to have something to talk about. With the iPhone 4 there is plenty more to rave about than there is to complain about and I find it quite humorous that this is the ONLY issue with the iP4. I've heard no other negative comments on it, not one. This is it. Most will always want to look at the glass half empty . Its more interesting to talk about setbacks and problems than it is to talk about steps forward and successes. As much as you don't want to admit it, you owe the phone you hold in your hand to apple. They changed the way it all works and how we perceive what a smartphone should be. That is all for now. I'm sure there will be negative comments on this post and that is just the way it is and I enjoy reading others opinions. Just try to have a little kore knowledge on a subject than just what you read on a blog, this site or any where. It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and to remove all doubt.
    Last edited by BHP77; 07-16-2010 at 12:19 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    A note on taking responsibility. If there was a issue that was causing the phone to completely useless I might then see a reason for a recall. Business wise though it makes absolutely no sense to have a product recall for something isn't as big a deal as some would have you think. A product recall would be disastrous to apple and if you say"doesn't matter" then would say you work for someone else and haven't ever run a business of your own. There is more at stake here than a few nit picky people that demand perfection from technology when it is quite clear they understand neither.

  5. #35
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    The issue that the iPhone has is real, I can replicate it on mine " if I try" not just by holding the phone and making a call or using it as I have used all my other phones. If I focus on making it lower signal then yes in can make my phone do it.
    Then there should be a real solution.

    If you read my post, I said that we all as consumers can accept flaws, but we need to know that someone is trying to fix it, and not trying to cover their mistakes by pushing the fault on the customer.

    Millions of people (including myself) run to the internet to research the products they buy. I come to places like this, and many others, to read what the ordinary joe has to say and what issues they have. If something I'm researching has a lot of negative reviews I don't want it. It's not worth my time to sit here figuring out a solution or spending more money on something that should work as advertised. You don't understand this cause your device works well for the most part, I'm sure if you had received a faulty device you would be singing a different tune.

    The number one selling point of the iphone is that it's easy to use right out of the box cause it "just works" now do I want to stroll on down to my At&t store and roll the dice hoping I get a good one? No. Do I want to sit here and read about Apple's issue's all day? no, not really, but I will throw jabs at them for treating their customers like crap, Loyal customers like you, that have had a worse experience with their device, and deserve more than what they are getting. Is it blown out of proportion, maybe, but if you sit in the top seat be prepared to have everyone gunning for you. You know those sayings; "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" and "If you can't stand the heat...."


    A note on taking responsibility. If there was a issue that was causing the phone to completely useless I might then see a reason for a recall. Business wise though it makes absolutely no sense to have a product recall for something isn't as big a deal as some would have you think. A product recall would be disastrous to apple and if you say"doesn't matter" then would say you work for someone else and haven't ever run a business of your own. There is more at stake here than a few nit picky people that demand perfection from technology when it is quite clear they understand neither.
    A phone that loses connection when held in a normal fashion is a reason for an immediate fix, or a recall. This is where our opinion's differ. It fails at it's basic function when held, making it useless.I dont know sir, maybe I can hold it without my hands using magic. You call it "nit picking" I call it blind consumerism.

    And no, I never owned my own business so I don't know what it's like so I guess my opinion is automatically wrong, but using that logic I could never criticize the president or my local government leaders either. I just need to buy a few more cell phones, and I will be on your level of wisdom, and expertise.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    A It fails at it's basic function when held, making it useless.I dont know sir, maybe I can hold it without my hands using magic. You call it "nit picking" I call it blind consumerism.
    When you put it like that it makes it sound like that if i touch my phone or just pick it up it loses signal. This just isn't true. There is a small section on the left side of the phone where the two antennas meet that is 1-2mm. This is the "dead spot". You have to cover this entire section for the signal drop to happen. Not just partially, fully cover it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    The number one selling point of the iphone is that it's easy to use right out of the box cause it "just works"
    It does and very well

    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Millions of people (including myself) run to the internet to research the products they buy. I come to places like this, and many others, to read what the ordinary joe has to say and what issues they have.
    That is true of myself also, it's the fastest way to learn anything. what we have to keep in mind is that as intelligent people like you and I we can generally separate the BS from someone worth listening to. Not always but for the most part,yes. Most tend to read something on internet and take it for complete fact and run with it, such is the nature of the beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    If you read my post, I said that we all as consumers can accept flaws, but we need to know that someone is trying to fix it, and not trying to cover their mistakes by pushing the fault on the customer.
    I did read your post, I don't agree with the way that Apple has handled the situation. We should hold our Companies responsible but we also need to see that it's a business what would it do to the industry before we go calling for someones head.

    Quote Originally Posted by capdot View Post
    Is it blown out of proportion, maybe, but if you sit in the top seat be prepared to have everyone gunning for you. You know those sayings; "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" and "If you can't stand the heat...."
    Exactly, this is why it i such a huge ordeal because they are the top dogs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I never owned my own business so I don't know what it's like so I guess my opinion is automatically wrong, but using that logic I could never criticize the president or my local government leaders either.
    Not automatically wrong by any means. Yes using that logic you may think that way but you and I have no idea how to run the country, we can only make educated guesses as to what it is like based on our personal experience. We can and should criticize the President and our leaders. We must do so with education about what we are talking about, just because some blogger or Anderson Cooper says it the masses assume that is the way to think. It pays to educate ones self about a subject. The masses don't. Case in point, I was using my iPhone 4 this morning when a customer asked me "man, you really bought that thing with all the issues. I hear they are junk" he didn't have any experience with the new iPhone. Only what he has read.

  7. #37
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Anyone ever read my Profile and specificly the Quote area?
    "Authority would not be questioned if so many did not abuse it.

    Anyway great thread. Has anyone else updated to the new 4.0.1 yet and had time to test out the differences? I've noticed a difference in the appearance or course but specifily when I was on my first call after the update the voice cut out like every other word in the conversation. It was like a pixelated voice stream (hard to describe).

    I made a few additional calls from different area and have not had it happen again. I was not having any signal issues b4 so I don't expect to have any now but would like to read what others are experiencing after the update.

    .

  8. #38
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    This has been and will continue to be a non-issue for me as I have had a bumper on it before I left the store and will always have a case. Is it a flaw? yes. Is it Apple's fault? yes. Will they correct it? yes. Im enjoying this device more than I have any in years.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

  9. #39
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Well go get your refund because Apple is giving away free band aids.....oops, I mean bumper cases!LMAO!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Lol. When are you going to change that #1 so it has a * beside it with a footnote that says #1 Android Phone. I mean we all know that the plagued iPhone 4 is the #1 phone. We're talking figures not opinions here. Man I had to poke at that . Besides we get free cases that we're already going to use.

  11. #41
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    Sigh... As Steve Jobs said all smartphones have flaws and the one common flaw on almost all smartphones in which he provided with one device from every platform as examples of this so called antenna fiasco. I remember having issues with my antenna with my 8900 everytime I gave it the deathgrip.

    As the video he posted before he began his presentation said "if you don't like iPhones don't buy it I you buy it and don't like it, simple just return it and get a full refund simple as that" no fees no restocking fees. The 9700, droid Eris, a winmo phone and some other junk. All those phones including the iPhone all have this antenna issue something the whole cellphone industry is faced with and trying to make it work. They're even gonna give us free cases if bought one. You'll get a full refund. If you have issues return it and go droid lg samsung bb whatever you like but don't act stupid and act like it only happens to the iPhone.

    "people love to point at the failure of others" oh well end of rant. I have had not one dropped call nor issues win the antenna. Common sense on ay phone. You cover the phone or cover the antenna of even those cellphones with the obvious antenna sticking outta them. Try to cover it and see what happens. It's just funny how people love to whine about everything.

    Oh btw no fanboy here just a current user and/or tester that has used the device for a week now and not one issue except that hatred look at my phone with jealousy
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  12. #42
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    Well said. If this had been another company, we wouldnt even be talking about it. What about the egg RIM laid with the Storm? I never heard CNN doing a story about it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

  13. #43
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    Please don't get me started on the storm. Please don't. I blame it on verizon not rim actually. If they weren't so eager to release the so called iPhone killer that device would've done as well as the droid did for verizon. I love competition but not trying to get to the top by misleading people into thinking that this flaw only affects the iPhone when it clearly affects devices on all platforms be it android,winmo or rim's os.
    Last edited by raton; 07-17-2010 at 12:11 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  14. #44
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Lol. When are you going to change that #1 so it has a * beside it with a footnote that says #1 Android Phone. I mean we all know that the plagued iPhone 4 is the #1 phone. We're talking figures not opinions here. Man I had to poke at that . Besides we get free cases that we're already going to use.

    LOL! Ah, but But its still the best Android phone, by the numbers not opinion. Droid X is the best phone period if need opinions.

    At least Apple gave you guys something! To act like it didn't exsit would've devastated their brand name. It still might...
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

  15. #45
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Hey guys, this banter reminds me of a great english playwriter that, already at the time, protested about this.
    I suggest we all read " Much Ado About Nothing".

    If all the lemons that have sailed past our hands had to have a forum like this, we´d be out of server space...

    Period !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •