+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There are always 2 sides to every coin. Even though consumers reports doesn't recommend it, ... Smartphone News forum

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

There are always 2 sides to every coin. Even though consumers reports doesn't recommend it, it still scores high on their own rating system. basically folks, it's really up to you to decide which phone to get. Websites, forums and public opinions should ALL be taken into consideration before buying a piece of technology. And I agree with srl7741 that I have not experienced any problems with my phones reception challenges, only the proximity sensor, and it's not a deal breaker for me at all.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...on-the-market/

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm glad a few of you were able to purchase iphones that work, but it's obvious there is a real issue here, and the few iphones that work really dont mean ****. A few good apple's wont save the bunch.

"when you're on top everyone tries to bring you down"
    Only this time Apple is bringing themselves down. They wont admit they have a problem. They would rather feed BS to all their customers and tell them it's "Software Related, a fix is coming soon" Apple should be ashamed of themselves.

"lol zomg! we have been calculating the reception bars all wrong for all this time lol!!! my bad!"
    This is either a lie or pure incompetence. Im sure it was a lie. Apple knew with the release of iphone 4ail that the antenna and reception was gonna be under the microscope, and how else would they explain that when you touch your iphone 4ail, while you have no data or reception, but the magic phone shows that you have bars......

Apple lies and they are not acting like a company with class. Too bad cause this was the first iphone that I wanted, but im not sure I could give my money to a company that treats their customers like fools.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Well, to follow up on my prior post about the Micro Cell idea. AT&T did cough one up today after some discussion and I finally set it up and have it running.
    I never had 3G and could only use Edge while at home. It really only effected telephone calls or mms messages (send/receive) so it was not that big of a deal.
    WiFi pretty much makes any phone come alive and is the preferred connection other than phone calls still don't work over WiFi unless your using some App.

Anyway I just started testing it and I now get 3G with full bars everywhere in the house and sending and receiving mms is instant almost like WiFi reacts to different Apps. I went to an area where I never receive calls and never even knew the phone rang till a ding sounds showing a voicemail. I seems this has been resolved also with the Micro Cell.

If you have the option to receive one for free i recommend doing it. It does not cost any additional money and simply uses your current voice plan. If you walk out of the house and leave the coverage area the signal is handed off without interruption.

For once I'm happy with something AT&T did today. Normally I'm shaking my head, like i was when they first announced the device and were going to charge for the appliance plus add additional charge each month. Since those have faded away, now I think it's a pretty good option if you don't have 3G service in your area or if it's weak in your home.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I read that about free Micro Cells to ip4 customers. I'll try to find the link

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It basically acts as your own 3G cell tower. So if your 3G is weak or you don't have it then it can be a good deal. It's tied to your account and you give access to those you want by entering their cell phone numbers. It's easy to setup and seems to work pretty good so far.

I should clarify there is NO monthly fee or charge. That was the big kicker for me giving it a try. There is no way I would ever use a device like this to get what I already pay for b/c their service either sucks or is not good in my area. That made all the difference for me giving it a try.

Beat me to it

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    i agree with RemyKirin, this have got to hurt Apple but hey, people will still buy. No phone is perfect. there are flaws but we still buy them cause we want too.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This made the news this morning. I hope Apple allows other manufactures to work with this type of tech to solve what ever issues they have; but probably not.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    DO it yourself Iphone 4 reception fix. "A piece of Duck Tape"
    Don't worry folks; I won't charge you $40 for this....LOL

PIN/ID
    Apple
    There are issues. Consumer reports acts if they did some kind of scientific test. All they did was hold the phone on the phone and presssed in to cancel out some signal. I have lost a lot of respect for their reporting after this. We knew this, we didn't need some lame *** journalist to replicate it and proclaim that there is a issue like we didn't know. People are still lined up to buy them for good reason, it's a awesome phone. 90% of people are going to use the bumper or a case if their was a issue or not. This is just getting blown way out of porportion, this has been what 3 weeks now. Talk about something else. I agree with srl that people want to see the negative instead of the positive. Its more exciting especially for the folks that love to hate apple and can't admit that the phone they hold in their hand is a decedent from it's form factor. "Fail" LMAO, I guess so when you sale 1.5 million in the first day.

I guess Apple can do no wrong in the eyes of their supporters/sympathizers.

RIM released the storm, and it was a failed device, and people complained for months about it. Some still do.

Microsoft releases Vista, it was a horrible operating system, and people came out in droves to complain about it.

Palm came out with the Pre with horrible hardware and people complained about it.

It is acceptable to complain about every other company except Apple. How dare anyone complain about spending their money and getting what was advertised, and how dare you complain about wanting to keep company's honest and get the most out of you hard earned dollar, and how dare anyone complain about the smug response of "you're holding it wrong".

People are missing the point here. It's not about that it has it's flaws, it's pretending that they don't exist, and that it's your customers fault cause he is holding it wrong. THAT is the issue. Step up to the plate like Microsoft did with the Xbox 360. That replacement program has cost them billions, but they did the right thing and they continue to sell hundreds of thousands each month. We can accept flaws, but we need honest responses, and Apple to take some responsibility here.

oops!
    Last edited by Capdot; 07-15-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: oops! double post.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I guess Apple can do no wrong in the eyes of their supporters/sympathizers.

RIM released the storm, and it was a failed device, and people complained for months about it. Some still do.

Microsoft releases Vista, it was a horrible operating system, and people came out in droves to complain about it.

Palm came out with the Pre with horrible hardware and people complained about it.

It is acceptable to complain about every other company except Apple. How dare anyone complain about spending their money and getting what was advertised, and how dare you complain about wanting to keep company's honest and get the most out of you hard earned dollar, and how dare anyone complain about the smug response of "you're holding it wrong".

People are missing the point here. It's not about that it has it's flaws, it's pretending that they don't exist, and that it's your customers fault cause he is holding it wrong. THAT is the issue. Step up to the plate like Microsoft did with the Xbox 360. That replacement program has cost them billions, but they did the right thing and they continue to sell hundreds of thousands each month. We can accept flaws, but we need honest responses, and Apple to take some responsibility here.

Well said!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast