+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-4-Testers-Say... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Blog Entries

Article: Design Flaw in iPhone 4, Testers Say

For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Ouch thats gotta sting. This will sway a few people on the fence but I seriously doubt it will make that big a difference to apples's iPhone4 sales. People still want the latest thing and they will take the chance to be one of the few that dont have any major problems. Either that or they think that they will do the replacement shuffle until they get one that works. One good thing will come from it, it will force apple to do something about it, instead of saying its a user side issue (how u hold the phone)

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I see all these post about the antenna, and how to hold it to get yours to do the same. Well, I have held mine the same way the videos depict and I have not had that issue. My signal never drops and I have not experienced any dropped calls or signal decrease!!! I have switched from a bb9700 to the iPhone 4 and love it so far.....

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...maybe Apple forgot to put in a antenna ? Lol ! Or, maybe, the way we hold the phone WE are supposed to be the antenna ?
    This way Apple cuts costs, and we amplify our ego/character ?
    Uummhhhh! I wonder...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...maybe Apple forgot to put in a antenna ? Lol ! Or, maybe, the way we hold the phone WE are supposed to be the antenna ?
    This way Apple cuts costs, and we amplify our ego/character ?
    Uummhhhh! I wonder...
    Haha! That was really good

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if they saw this coming? For Job's to talk all that talk about doing it better than everyone else; they had to know about it.

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c
    Or...simply that all that success leads to an overestimation of a company's invulnerability and they begin to believe their own press releases. What was that old saying...oh yes..."Pride cometh before the fall." I think a little humility might be in order on both Apple's and Mr. Jobs' part.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ablefton View Post
    Or...simply that all that success leads to an overestimation of a company's invulnerability and they begin to believe their own press releases. What was that old saying...oh yes..."Pride cometh before the fall." I think a little humility might be in order on both Apple's and Mr. Jobs' part.
    I concur, a universal truth indeed...

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    A faulty antenna? That must suck for all those iPhone 4 users.

mazayleco14 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I will stick with Blackberry thank you

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Epic Fail. This thing just wont go away!lmao.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by mazayleco14 View Post
    I will stick with Blackberry thank you
    BB Rules! Or to quote (it's in fashion) "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", ...not in the tasting!
    Delfim M Cardoso -"The system of nature, of which man is a part, tends to be self-balancing, self-adjusting, self-cleansing. Not so with technology. ~E.F. Schumacher"

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've not had any of the issues being reported either. When your on top there will always be people trying to cut you done. We seem to reward by "negatives" rather than by earning it the old fashion way.

I did however confirm today by visiting my local AT&T Store they will give out Free Micro Cells if your one of those who do receive a letter from AT&T. I'm a mile away from getting 3G and wondering if that appliance may give me enough of a boost to get that signal. I'm going to pbx CS and see what I can get done. Wish me luck. They told me that several others in my area have received the letter so that's a good sign.

The other day while reading about all the reported problems I also read a few of these interesting ones.

People always complained about the iP not being able to multi task and now those same people are complaining b/c they can't turn it off.
    The same group were complaining about not being able to Tether. Now they are complaining about the cost and plans.

You can't please everyone and there are a growing number of people who get payed good money to highlight and discuss negative things about any Apple products.
    It's all part of the machine called "Generation i" I want it all, I want it now and I want it free.

There are a few documented tests environments that do warrant discussion but only a few. Consumer Reports is one good example.
    Beyond those give it a break, as most all PS members have always said with any device or plan it depends on where you live and what your going to use the smartphone for. Service and cost is so dependent on your location. One may be great in your area where another will not. 200 miles away it may be the opposite.

There is no question in my mind Apple will address any document concerns but only after R&D and not based on anything else. Even if I/we concede each complaint as being true the iP4 is still miles ahead and much better than the older 3GS.

The Droid, Incredible and to some degree the Evo along with the iP4 have raised the bar going forward. We should all be happy b/c only a few short years back it was not even an option. Think back even one year ago? Where smartphones are today is nothing short of awesome.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    srl7741 -- I have to say, I disagree respectfully. I've owned about 10 phones in the last 13 months, and about 30 phones in the 7 years before that. EVER phone i've had has had bugs, quirks, and things that annoyed me. But everything has always been from the "extra features". I've never had a phone which has had it's core functionality compromised. Do you really think *that* many people are making this up?

I live and work in Cambridge (1.5 miles away from Boston). ATT has confirmed that at my home, I can hit 13-16 towers (depending on the day, i had called 2-3 times to ask). I have 4-5 bars with every other ATT phone, except with the iphone4.

Now that said, again as I've said in some other posts, my wife has no problems what so ever. So I think three things are amplifying this problem -- location, size of hands, and how you hold the phone.

The reality for me was that after 3-4 days I just couldn't stand the phone. If I hadn't sold my 3gs the same day, I would've gone back to it. But this gave me a chance to move away from ATT and go back to tmobile, so I am not regretting it. Anyway, my point is, I think there is definitely a real problem. Yes, some people might be blowing it out of proportion, but as an actual user, I definitely experienced it for 3 days straight on every call I made.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think there are real issues, there always has been. There will never be time when there are no issues. There is no perfect device and there are far too many factors involved to ever make a perfect device. It's technology and new both of which tend to be prone to certain issues.

Even with issues, it will make what we have available next even better than what we have today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast