+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ero-smartphone... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Article: Dell and AT&T to Launch Aero smartphone

Advertisement

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    For the average user, looks like a really nice device, but for hardcore Android fans......

Unfortunately, it looks like AT&T will be crippling it like they did the Moto Backflip. According to the latest rumors this device also will have the ability to install apps from unknown sources removed. This destroys the open nature of Android, and only allows apps to be installed from the Market. That means that buying from third party stores like Handmark is out, as well as the ability to participate in beta trials like the current one for Swype. Too bad Dell chose to go with AT&T.....

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why does AT&T continue to cut their own throat? I just don't understand how you can take an open OS and lock it down???
    Makes absolutely no sense...

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Money!!! If they open it up you don't have to buy from there store. They locked up the GPS so you have to use their 9.99 per month Telnav. There is a plug in that someone wrote to unlock my 9700 BBMaps. Someone else will find a way to unlock it or maybe even just a simple OS change.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Boy that really Sucks, Freakin AT&T, well glad I got my Droid when I did...Because believe me the other carriers are watching and waiting for the smallest bit of consumer acceptance of this nonsense and than they will follow AT&T lead...

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    at&t sux now adays there service just dosnt work there internet is slow and there phones are cheap they used to be an open source network just like tmobile, verizon was the one crippling all there devices now seem the are changing whats up with that hmmm glad im with tmobile.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well if other carriers follow AT&T's lead, then Google's business model will probably pick up speed, because all those who know what Android is supposed to be like will buy direct from Google when it comes time to get their next device. I for one, would pay the extra money for a device that was not crippled and bogged down by bloatware I would never use.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

+ Reply to Thread