+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...evelopers-Too!... Smartphone News forum

Article: Dear RIM, We're Developers Too!

Advertisement

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very VERY well put. Hopefully RIM Listens (not hears) the field and their loyal BB developers and customers. Thx for sharing the TRUTH

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    RIM hears as much about developers as from all the marketing surveys they undertook with their clients. I took part in literally dozens of them. The result is evident... RIM, it seems like, wastes money and looks the other way...
    Good post, and very, very appropriate. Thanks Mark.
    ...and good luck with the endeavour.
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I feel bad for developers who actually want to develop for RIM. The majority of complaints from consumers about BlackBerry products have to do with the dearth of apps. However, RIM certainly does not make it easy for willing developers to create and market new apps.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Very well written. Thanks for sharing, JB and thanks for posting, Mark!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Do you really think RIM will make drastic changes in their stratagy? I think not RIM is RIM, and as a developer I have to take it in stride. Would I like to see changes, absolutey. Alot of BlackBerry Smartphone users have ventured to the new devices and among the developers they once again have found themselves stuck in the rut of waiting on RIM to release updates so the developers can once again catch up with the consumer.

As for the part of the article that talks about the crashing of Theme Builder 6, as long as you don't use the service pack that shouldn't be a problem. Our hands are tied unless you are a Java expert as far as what you can and can't do. I have learned to settle for what they gave me. It is frustrating to say the least.

I am behind the article 100%, but I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears once again at RIM

Just a personal take from an old man still making themes for the fun of it

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    RIM will hear us one day, hopefully before they close the doors. For me I use a phone mainly for emails so BB rocks but if they don't raise the bar people are going to keep switching

+ Reply to Thread