+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ings-for-users... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Cyanogen - "We're users, building things for users"

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Interesting stuff. Hope they can pull it off.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think they will after 10 million downloads, even if it means some of the "tinkerers" have since then uninstalled. I have seen one and it seems a simpler form of Android. Easy and uncluttered.
    Definitely better than any UI overlay by Samsung, LG, HTC and all those minor clutterers around.
    RogerG likes this.

That Oppo is a sexy device, too.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well it looks pretty cool not sure about sexy, and there is no doubt that CyanogenMod is a user friendly OS and with it's daily drivers will lock and load on this and many other devices

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm running CM Nightlies on this LG whatever it is. Very smooth as one would expect with CM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

When did you get that, Glenn?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Don't ask Glenn that. It was during one of his least endearing and inspiring moments...

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well by the sounds of it, seems to be one of the many times he's lost his memory, but then it happens to us all more and more as the years roll by. By the way Glenn did a search for LG whatever it is and it was a bit cloudy on the definition.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm telling you guys, get past some of the ugly in the ui and LG is better than Sammy.

I haven't missed the S4. I've enjoyed the amazing battery life and wonder why knock on isn't standard on all devices.

No bezel rocks. I love it. I've modded the stock ui and its smooth if not as good as AOSP. Its got its fugly bits, but I've found replacements for all but the quick settings. DigiCal for the calendar, Timely for the clock, different memo pads and so on.

The SoC Snapdragon 800 is quick and nimble. The screen is efficient. GRAM is effective. The camera is...OK but I only use it once in awhile.

The OTG SD adaptor has effectively fixed any issue I had with non-removable storage. I can backup and restore to it without issue. The amazing battery has made me rethink that issue as well.

Xposed + stock Roms have started to make customs obsolete. The difference in performance between AOSP and Stock isn't as great as it was in the Froyo or GB days. Bloat is still an issue on Stock. AOSP will always beat it out there. However, the loss of some features isn't worth it.

I have little interest in the S5. I'm more interested in design over whatever is added to the bloat that is TW.

....sorry...meant to be short and sweet.
    RogerG likes this.

Was just about to root my Note today until I came to the part about voiding the warranty and chickened out.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Glad you are enjoying your device Jay being satisfied wins out on alot of customization. I have to love my S4 but haven't had anything to compare it to other than the S2 and that's a no contest.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I played with a G2 at the AT&T store and found myself going back to check it out again and again. I don't have a upgrade till the summer and I simply don't want to wait that long so it looks like the new Nexus is for me.

my insatiable need for new tech and Cooleys LG love makes me comfortable enough to buy it. I don't plan on having it for long, just till the new iPhone, but who knows? I may keep it for a year and see if it holds up.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I traded my i5 for it. It's fast. Not a lot of development yet as far as ROMs but I'm liking the change, for now. It is a big phone and a little cumbersome to carry in my pocket all day at work.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread