+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Copyright-Pin... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Article: Copyright, Pinterest, Facebook, and so forth

Advertisement

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Having read it I come to the conclusion that everyone is copying everyone. The consequences can be damning. I'm particularly worried about this, although PS can be said to be defined as an information site, and hopefully contemplated by 17 USC 107 : ...a use of copyrighted work is “fair use.” Those factors are:
    1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes...
    If not, and maybe Admin at PS can advise, we must just resort to comments and supplying the links of the original stories and printed news, for stackers to follow.I don't want to have a repeat the "plagiarism" episode, although in that instance I did forget to give due credit to the author.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I fully agree with you, the main reason I linked to the article rather than re-posted it, although there is the option of re-posting for commenting purposes. The bigger worry is that Pinstack is read worldwide so copyright laws in Europe, Asia, etc may need to be taken into account. Mind you as you say everyone on the web is doing it, you just need to check the number of times articles are re-posted, even the papers like The New York Times do it. It will be more a matter of how one copies, and credits the article I think, plus I suppose getting permission.

Hmm thinks a central website for providing permission could be set up much like Facebook money could be made here
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread