+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...s-as-BBM-fades... Smartphone News forum

Article: Consumer interest in Kik and Viber explodes as BBM fades

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    There are so many forms of communication available, BBM was pretty cool when everyone was sporting Berry's but not so much now

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    I use Kik for some if my friends from an app board that I post on and I really like it. Bbm was cool the little I used it. I think kik and the other messenger apps are great for security reasons because you don't have to give out your number.

I think for teens its even better for that reason. Especially with all the creepy people out there who if given a cell number may try to stalk etc.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    All I gotta say is ..."WHY"?

Do we need another means of communicating? I wonder if we can send files such as mp3's and such as we used to when using our dinosaur blackberry devices?

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    BBM cross platform isn't out yet, so how can it rank? It has only been available on the phone that is 3% of sales, so I don't really think you can compare it realistically to an app that is on most of the major phones. Give it 6 months after it is on Android and Iphone and then we should see how it will position itself. This is like going to a funeral for Joe, and as your standing around the casket you realize Joe is standing next to you!
    jfcooley likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    BBM cross platform isn't out yet, so how can it rank? It has only been available on the phone that is 3% of sales, so I don't really think you can compare it realistically to an app that is on most of the major phones. Give it 6 months after it is on Android and Iphone and then we should see how it will position itself. This is like going to a funeral for Joe, and as your standing around the casket you realize Joe is standing next to you!

This, +1

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Everyone's so worried about the NSA but are more than willing to hand over all privacy to third party companies. LMAO.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Third parties can't persecute you then water board you at gitmo.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I'm much more worried about 3rd party companies persecuting me than the NSA. Third party companies would pay good money for my contact list and what my interests are so they can bombard me and my contacts with spam. Have you ever been force fed spam? Waterboarding would seem like a vacation. On the other hand the NSA could give a $#!t about my info.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Can black those permissions that allow access to contacts. Not that difficult.

Then again I have little use for any of these.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    BREAKING NEWS: The NSA has worked with Reynolds Wrap maker,Reynolds Metals Co. To weaken the structural integrity of Aluminum Foil. Rendering it useless in anti surveillance hats.

Glad you enjoy mocking those that believe differently than you.

+ Reply to Thread