+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...mia-900-Launch... Smartphone News forum

Article: CNET: AT&T Storefronts Still Pushing iPhone During Lumia 900 Launc

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    UGH!

Why can't AT&T just brainwash everyone like Apple did so that the whole sales force just sells Windows phones? I mean, who do they think they are still pushing iPhones? This sort of thing makes me mad, oh yea!, and that one guy even pushed an Android phone. This is like a crime against humanity or something. I hope for everyones sake the government gets involved, and jails these AT&T employees, I mean like, who do these people answer to? AT&T promised to push Windows phones and they are like not even doing that. Those bosses at AT&Apple need to get their stuff together. C'mon Microsoft and Nokia! you guys have billions of dollars together, just make some ads that brainwash people like Apple and do it already.

*facepalm*

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK let's look at it from both sides, firstly let me say as Capdot knows I am not an IPhone fan however I agree 100% with his younger in cheek remarks . Now point one, why has the article been written, for the simple reason that there have been multiple reports that ATT have spent a great deal of money to push the Nokia. Now we all know why the ATT guys will sell the IPhone because it is easier to sell it is constantly pushed in various technicals articles, it is an easier sell and if you are on commission you will make more.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I am going to try an experiment by walking into an AT&T store where I've never been, playing "dumb", and asking about smartphones. That way I'll be able to tell what the reps recommend.

The store I visited where I bought my Nokia Lumia 900 is one that I frequently visit, and the AT&T guy knows me. I also specifically asked for that device, so he wouldn't have tried to sell me anything else.

I'll post what happens when I visit another store where I've never been.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's simple. iPhone is a easy sell. A new product, regardless of make or quality is always a hard sell. For some reasons: firstly the iPhone is an icon. All others are measured against it. The seller doesn't need to hard sell it, prove it or demonstrate. Secondly, a new product needs special oomph sales, incentives for someone to be tempted to try. This is a twofold problem. The seller: what incentive gas he got? Higher commission? Alternatives? It's a marketing strategy. Also if its easy to sell one, quickly, why waste time with a hard sell? Unless the retail store promotes the item, gives a higher incentive in commission to the seller, or forcibly promotes just the one article, the sales team will go the easy route. If the customer insists (like our Laura) on a specific product, due to the customer's own knowledge or specific demand, this is the easiest of sales as well. All the seller has to do is shutup and wrap it up. Don't blame the sales people. Their job is to sell, ultimately. Their salary reflects their sales figures. Demos, pushing a specific make, and lost sales account for nothing at the end of the month.
    dushdavj and jfcooley like this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^Brilliant Del!!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    ^^^wat he said

+ Reply to Thread