+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srl7741

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Choose-Between... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Cloud Storage: How to Choose Between Google Drive and All Others

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think everyone is just trying to unify their own ecosystem which is good. The 3rd party Apps are the ones that started first and are doing what they can to remain great for anyone.

If your a Windows user Skydrive should be your first try, if your a Googler, Google Drive is your first choice, if your an iOS user iCloud is a no brainer.

If you find those have faults for one reason or another pickup or continue to use Box, Drop Box, Sugarsync etc.

It's all about the ease of a complete ecosystem and have things work seamlessly across your daily used devices.
    lak611 likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm in a bit of a purgatory state here. Lately I'm working with Macbook. But I have Office, and all my docs are Word, Excel, PP etc. I have to, because almost all the people I deal with (well over 99%) are on PC.I tell you Steve, iCloud doesn't work with this type of setup. I'm sure if I migrated completely to Pages, Numbers etc it would be better. Google Drive at least changes the docs (even Mac docs) and they are accessible to view, edit across all platforms. And today I found out it syncs with the Mac. Wow. How well, I don't know yet. I'll have to find out still. Sugarsync does this too, but its damn slow. And I don´t like their Magicbox. It does some magic I don't like or care about.The others I'm not too into them. I'm sure to some degree or other they do what they promise. But I'm still in purgatory with all of them.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    iCloud is for your devices not really for others to access, it keeps all your devices in sync and up to date with all the items sync'd. If you wanna share or have others access your stuff, others like Drop Box will be the way to go or when done simply email out those docs.

There is really two different things being discussed. Your stuff vs letting others have access to your stuff at anytime.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have and use them all apart from ICloud, replace that with Box.net. I will say that SugarSync has saved my data life several times, and when my computers mother board died My major files were still available, (I took the hard drive out and mounted it in the new computer for the rest of the files), it allowed me to access tax documents from my Playbook when I didn't have my notebook with me, and it allowed me to move some files from a clients computer when we didn't have a flash drive, plus of course it allows you to share very large files instead of using email These systems have their uses!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I use iCloud but don't backup to it. It's more to keep things in sync all the time. I backup important things once a month to a external HD and also place them on DVD. The DVD's get dropped in a lock box off site. For daily or short term concerns I use TM, it's pricless and easy to use.

I've never really needed a way to share with several immediately besides my immediately is another persons, in 10-15 minutes so a simple email with an attachment works fine. while at work there is still the old standard shared network drive available which also seems to work well with most ppl

+ Reply to Thread