+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...one-Or-Android... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: This Clever Web App Lets You Try Out Windows Phone On Your iPhone

Advertisement

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Pretty cool. I do like the lay out and look of a windows phone os. Maybe one day I buy one and give it a try. Any stackers that went from Android to Windows, that can provide some input?

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    They are really trying to get Android and iphone customers or users by doing this move of making you navigate.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    sure they're going after new users .

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What "desktop browser" does this work from? I've tried 3 and all of them tell me it's unsupported... Maybe it's being on a mac?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    works on my mac...chrome
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

KTW Guest
    Do you download this app or just view it on your browser?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Ok this was just sad. I downloaded Chrome to give it a shot, expecting some sort of an emulator like experience mimicing the real thing (which I spent ~20 minutes with @ a T-Mobile store). This gives you maybe (being incredibly generous) about 1% control. What they should've done is actually put a javascript emulator. I don't want to be guided through 3-click scenarios upon which it tells me I've completed "learning" the system. I did not get a good feel from this at all for the OS. If you are curious, go to a store, and play with the real phone. What's helpful is trying to do things that you normally do in your every day.My problem with the Windows OS is that they are trying too hard to make it "minimalistic" and thus it feels abstract. It is like playing with someone's project. I almost expect to click somewhere and to see "Sorry, not implemented yet". There are no standard menus/options that you are used to on other devices. There are some great concepts, but I think they are ridiculously poorly implemented. This might be all due simply to OS maturity. Only time will tell. My personal experience with Windows OS' on phones is that they have always been very poor, very busy/over clustered, and have always missed a great deal of functionality. This might explain the extreme push towards "clean/simple" GUIs, which produced "abstract, confusing, and featureless" results.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    well this did give me a little taste,which is all i really wanted.

look on the bright side ventz...at least you have dabbled with chrome now. it's been my goto browser for some time now

PIN/ID
    N/A
    I've used Chrome twice now -- when it first came out, and a few months ago. I really like it actually, but I just prefer Safari -- I am used to the shortcuts, and I like the minimalistic/clean design (Chrome has it too, but not as much). There are a few things that are better in Chrome, and I might move to it eventually.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i want to like safari better because it's native to the mac and iphone but so far i haven't been able to. i guess i need to play with it some more to give it a good go.

+ Reply to Thread