+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...b-Thanks-Asus!... Smartphone News forum

Article: CES: Eee PC Has a Tab? Thanks Asus!

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Slow down there mark. Before you say look out iPad you should post a real device, not a idea. There are plenty of things from CES to talk about. Ideas shouldn't be on the front page this week.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...I'm not so drastic. But what gets me is how you can work with the Asus ! So damn slow with graphics and even PowerPoint its infuriating ! Nevertheless, I suppose if the hat fits, wear it...

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...I'm not so drastic. But what gets me is how you can work with the Asus ! So damn slow with graphics and even PowerPoint its infuriating ! Nevertheless, I suppose if the hat fits, wear it...
    Ha! The problem with the Asus Eee and speed is the creepy Windows 7 it comes with. Two things to do: 1. (smart) Keep Windows 7 utterly uncluttered, no stay-resident programs and complicated graphic-heavy games and complicated stuff allowed. Keeping it simple keeps its speed up. 2. (verrrrrry smart) Lose Windows entirely by installing Linux. When I'm in a Linux mood, I use the Ubuntu distro and the little Asus absolutely races - the fastest notebook I've ever seen.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...well, I take it back then. Asus Eee is really a slow lumbering train. I haven´t tried it with Linux, but after this that´s the way I´ll go. Gonna give the slow coach a try !
    Tx !

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any thoughts on running Droid on this tablet?

+ Reply to Thread