+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...out-of-the-box... Smartphone News forum

Article: Certain black iPhone 5 reportedly come with dents out of the box

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Apple will replace of course. But if it´s scratched a week later, or even a day after purchase, forget it. And it's prone to scratching.
    Now, having said that, there are warnings on various sites (but look at zagg.com) and see the evidence of how easily it gets scratched, on the back cover and on the sides.
    We had glass before, and stainless steel. Now we have brushed aluminum and that is going to be a bummer! So protect it folks. Get a Abraham´s Tank (Seidio for example) type of cover for it, or else you´ll be crying soon after purchase.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've seen this on other forums. But for the life of me will never understand why in the world someone would buy a $600 device and not put it in a case. I guess I'm just clumsy.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    chokem, I agree with you. I don't know why anyone would spend this kind of money for something and not protect it. For myself, I am so worried about something happening to my phone because of my clumsiness, that I have a number of cases for it and I would not even consider carrying it around without something to protect it when I drop it (which I do).
    chokem likes this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Before each of my last two iPhones arrived, I already had a new case waiting for them when they arrived. Straight out of the box into the case. Same thing for my iPad 3.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and when you have to sell them, well, they´re as new. And worth quite more...
    I don´t like the thick cover all cases. I absolutely hate them, but a thin layered one at the back and a screen protector up front is enough for me. You se,, I´m a very careful dude. The last time I had a phone fall and blown to smithereens was years ago with a BB Torch. And I was quite happy with that. Insurance paid and I got a iPhone 4 at the time...
    chokem likes this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Speaking of cases...................?????
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm amused that a device whose makers and owners pride themselves on its fit and finish need cases and hide said quality craftmnship.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ iPhonincognitos !

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Speaking of cases...................?????
    Yeah! Rog, your time is up!
    Chokem doesn't need one of those flimsy things. Don't give him any.

PIN/ID
    nada
    No heckling from the Fandroid peanut gallery JFCooley and King Del.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I went ahead of the game and purchased my armband and a case for my phone if it ever get here before the next iphone makes an appearance. They did say 14-21 days from launch (shocked face) I called apple and they told me they had just hired an 8yr old to make my phone and it should be completed by tomorrow and begin the shipping by foot from the assembly line to the port and then off to South America then off to Portugal then to Mexico and then to New York and then to New Jersey. We shall see when this shenanigan gets here. I Cannot stand using this ancient little flip phone. I feel like i'm totally detached from the world. Holding a laptop reminds me of my college days.
    chokem likes this.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Roger no longer has an iPhone????? Wooooooot???? Get the fork outta here! All i gotta say to that is just sigh...sigh... Good luck androiding it up Rogro. I think you'll go Blackberry 10 before you go back to Apple. I think it was just a fad for you. You switch phones more often than i change my son's diapers. And to think Bmay was the king when it came to doing that; swapping phones every weekend that is.

P.S. Traitor
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Don't forget it takes added time to put those 3.5 screens in a board stretcher.

I'm guessing it takes so long because they plan the shipping route with the new iMaps.....

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    No heckling from the Fandroid peanut gallery JFCooley and King Del.
    Good thing they used that premium stuff. Hate to see how many scratches egos would have taken if they'd used plastic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast