+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...tch-Protection... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: cellhelmet Screen Protectors - Guaranteed Scratch Protection

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Interesting. Will check out.

Edit: Galaxy Nexus not one of the phones......shame, I would have got one and reviewed it.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25)

Says if you can't find your device to ask. They will most likely have it.

Cellpigdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Interesting. Will check out.

Edit: Galaxy Nexus not one of the phones......shame, I would have got one and reviewed it.
    We are going to add the Galaxy Nexus to our list of selected devices. Thank you for your input, we really appreciate it

Good enough. Thanks.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25)

Thanks Dave!

Earns my purchase by responding. Will get on board whenthey have it.

II'm interested in comparing it to the Phantomskinz I have always used.

Plus I like start ups.

[Edit]
    Dave I have a question if you have time to answer.
    I have watched the installation video and am wondering how well the adhesive you use maintains itself. I use "wet installation" protectors because they stick very very well once applied. I've used dry protectors once or twice and found that when sliding into a case or into your pocket the edges tend to peel up after awhile. I've shied away from them for this reason. I've found that dry protectors tend to be more rigid and once an edge peels, the rest follows quickly.

I couldn't tell that well in the video, but is this something that you guys have addressed? I notice that the part instructing how to remove debris from under the screen you use tape to pull up the screen. The video doesn't show well, but does it come up so easily due to just being installed? I honestly don't want a protector that will come off that easily, sliding into my pocket will just peel it off.

I'm not trying to knock the product. If it adheres well and is as clear as the video shows then I'm all about it. I just don't want to apply....reapply...and reapply it. Perhaps a video in the future of a device being used would help.

BTW...best commercial for screen protection ever. Seriously..pig balls. I think around here those are called mountain oysters. Maybe that's cow though.....don't want to know for sure..
    Last edited by jfcooley; 08-14-2012 at 07:40 AM.

That commercially literally had me laughing out loud.

Jay, I've used other similar screen protectors that you don't have to "wet" to apply. In fact, I'm using one right now on my iPhone. They adhere very well.

Now I can't speak to the question if you don't use a case in conjunction with the protector, because I do and that definitely helps, especially covering the corners so they don't peel away as you've mentioned. Otherwise, I could definitely see what you mention occurring.

+ Reply to Thread