Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...n-For-The-week... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Cartoon For The week

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yes indeed we paid a high price for the last 4 years of Bush, and still are. Ok I'll shut up now

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Agree Craig. I'm far from being political, but its clear there was a mess inherited.

I resent what Romney said at that dinner. I am using free clinic since insurance would kill us if we both were on it. We aren'tleaches and aren't proud of that help. Regardless of what he meant he alienated potential voters. Not only that he made me feel ashamed of needing that help.

Regardless of who wins tomorrow I pray God will be with the victor and they will do what is needed for us all, not just their party and pockets.

I don't hold hope though. I honestly believe our government stopped being for the people a long long time ago.

Founded by rich men for the betterment of rich men.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yes Jay I'm afraid you are right. People forget it's big business that is laying everyone off not the little guys, and big business just keeps getting richer. I read in the money section today that Apple paid 1.6% on the billions they made. I realize that computes to millions but still I mean really. I am glad you have options my friend use them that's what they are intended for.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It is easy to blame the previous administration which for the last two years of it had a democrat house and Senate, for the state of the country, or to blame the Republican house for the last two years for not working with the Senate, but in the end the problem is leadership. It is important for the President to get the house and Senate to work together not to say I won which he told John McCain. I will vote for the person who I believe will be able to (and wants to) get Congress to work together for the greater good of the country rather wanting to score points.

As far as the 47% statement is concerned you should listen to the complete speech, Romney said 47% of those who will vote for the President, not 47% of the country, should he have said it probably not but they are on a campaign trail and everyone is going to say things that will upset at some stage. So in the end those that are Democrats will vote Democrat, those who are Republican will vote Republican, it will be the Independents who are willing to look at both candidates and decide based on whom they think is best that will decide this election.

I agree with Jay whoever wins needs to fix America for the people, close those tax loopholes so billion dollar companies pay their far share, but don't penalize the small business, get companies employing again at living wages
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The way I see it is rather simplistic. This is a battle of ideologies. One side wants to promote solidarity the other the status quo. I'm not, or should I say Europeans in general are not off the same mind as you are because of our different cultures. And different values.
    The impression we get here, whoever the winner, is that there are two government hierarchies, Congress and Senate, that will fight tooth and nail to protect their own interests, fight the President at every opportunity, whoever he is. The need for checks and balances is a lobby game. The bigger the cheque the better the balance...
    Stuff the normal citizen.
    The sad thing is that countries in Europe seem to want to copy the system. There's only one thing that may stop it here. Democracy is not a given right. It was hard to come by in some countries and the people will fight again to maintain it.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Indeed del, and dave I believe we both know where each stands. The bottom line which we all agree on is no matter what and who, they all in Washington need to work on problems. For at least the last two years they have done nothing but create more problems be it dems or GOP. I am so sick of this years elections I just want it over.

The minds to be have already determined that no matter who wins we are set on a slow course for better times. Loop holes need to be closed no matter what the issue is

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I forgot to add. Whoever is elected, may he serve the citizens that elected him. Good luck to you all.

I've lost faith in that happening Del.

Well, its over.
    I'm hearing "let's work together".
    How about just actually working?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm moving to Costa Rica.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Me too.. There's exotic birds there!

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Got room for a couple more, man I'm afraid this is going to be a long drawn out battle before the people actually sees progress

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This country is seriously f***ed up. It's great there was such good voter turnout yesterday, but regardless of who is president, there's too much that needs fixing, and nothing will ever get fixed if bipartisanship continues to be the order of the day.

But, this is smartphone forum, not a format for political discussion......

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez, if yours is what you say it is, what´s mine like?
    Costa Rica! Birds! Here I come.
    I´ll take a bottle of port and some chouriço... and a few fado songs.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast